Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CC App...

tag
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed CC App...

You know what Jorin,

I think that has something to do with the way the Membership Representative open up your account initially. When the membership departments are opening up accounts, they have to code it with the "field of eligibility type" or "field of membership" and that set a default into the system. I had that same thing happen to me before.

Cory

Message 11 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Cory wrote:

You know what Jorin,

I think that has something to do with the way the Membership Representative open up your account initially. When the membership departments are opening up accounts, they have to code it with the "field of eligibility type" or "field of membership" and that set a default into the system. I had that same thing happen to me before.

Cory

I think this may well be true. That's why I would rather do it myself through the internet.

Message 12 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Thought I'd add that I just went online and joined...as an American Red Cross volunteer. I didn't know that would qualify me.

I funded my beginning account with a debit card. My understanding is that I will be receiving info in the mail that I need to sign and return to them.

How long do folks usually wait until applying for a CC?

Message 13 of 15
jorin
Valued Member

I joined and apped the credit card within hours and was approved for the 10K limit.  When I started this thread I'd only been a member for about 30 minutes.
Message 14 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

Thought I'd add that I just went online and joined...as an American Red Cross volunteer. I didn't know that would qualify me.

I funded my beginning account with a debit card. My understanding is that I will be receiving info in the mail that I need to sign and return to them.

How long do folks usually wait until applying for a CC?

No wait - have at it if your are ready! You will get a one page form to sign and return in about a week. Very easy. If you app a CC and are approved you will get another form to return.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.