Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI does strange things to CR

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

PenFed CLI does strange things to CR

If you all remember a few weeks ago, I asked for a CLI on my cash rewards card, which was approved. If you also remember, I noticed two accounts showing up on my online banking, one for $12k (original) and one for $15k. I was okay with the fact that I thought PenFed gave me $27k, but the $12k fell off about two days later. So , I guess the problem corrected itself. Now I am getting alerts from EQ, TU, and EX that I have a new account opened under my name. When I check my reports, sure enough, there is a PenFed CC account that was opened and closed on the same day, showing under the closed accounts section of my CR. AND my AAoA took a direct hit. What the fudge PenFed!!!!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI does strange things to CR

Is this on CreditKarma?
BOA did a similar thing with an extra inquiry on my TU report...
And GE did something weird w removing three inquiries then posting them back...
Think it may be a CK glitch.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 9
Eightiron
Contributor

Have you called PenFed?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 3 of 9
resilient
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Is this on CreditKarma?
BOA did a similar thing with an extra inquiry on my TU report...
And GE did something weird w removing three inquiries then posting them back...
Think it may be a CK glitch.

No, this is on Equifax Member Advantage, and on all three reports. I have access to 3 in 1 with EQ.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 4 of 9
resilient
Established Contributor

@Eightiron wrote:

Have you called PenFed?

I haven't called them because I just don't want them to further complicate things, I got the CLI I asked for, but they just have a weird and crazy way of implementing it.

Message 5 of 9
Eightiron
Contributor

I guess I'm just overly cautious of AAoA, because personally, that it the only thing holding me back from playing with the big boys.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 6 of 9
resilient
Established Contributor

@Eightiron wrote:

I guess I'm just overly cautious of AAoA, because personally, that it the only thing holding me back from playing with the big boys.

I agree, all my recent apps say "length of time accounts have been open" blah bla blah

Message 7 of 9
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI does strange things to CR---UPDATE

So I called PenFed today and told them the dilemma, with them opening a new account and it dropping my AAoA, and my score. Said they submitted a form to remove the account from my credit report. I will know in a week. Fingers crossed.

Message 8 of 9
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI does strange things to CR---UPDATE

So PenFed kept their word....it's updated on my three CRs, and my score has gone back up! Thanks PenFed!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.