Frequent Contributor
resilient

PenFed CLI does strange things to CR

If you all remember a few weeks ago, I asked for a CLI on my cash rewards card, which was approved. If you also remember, I noticed two accounts showing up on my online banking, one for $12k (original) and one for $15k. I was okay with the fact that I thought PenFed gave me $27k, but the $12k fell off about two days later. So , I guess the problem corrected itself. Now I am getting alerts from EQ, TU, and EX that I have a new account opened under my name. When I check my reports, sure enough, there is a PenFed CC account that was opened and closed on the same day, showing under the closed accounts section of my CR. AND my AAoA took a direct hit. What the fudge PenFed!!!!

Belk ($2.5k) Chase Freedom VS ($15k) CSP VS ($21.9k) Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WEMC ($13k) Citi HHonors VS ($11k) Dillard's AmEx ($7.5k) Discover it ($3.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($16.2k) Gold Delta SkyMiles AmEx ($9.5k) Macy's AmEx ($5k) Macy's ($1k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($10k) PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ($15k) Starwood Preferred Guest AmEx ($2k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($30k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($14k) Walmart Discover ($7.5) Arrival + WMC ($12.5k)
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: PenFed CLI does strange things to CR

Is this on CreditKarma?
BOA did a similar thing with an extra inquiry on my TU report...
And GE did something weird w removing three inquiries then posting them back...
Think it may be a CK glitch.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Contributor
Eightiron

Have you called PenFed?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Frequent Contributor
resilient

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Is this on CreditKarma?
BOA did a similar thing with an extra inquiry on my TU report...
And GE did something weird w removing three inquiries then posting them back...
Think it may be a CK glitch.

No, this is on Equifax Member Advantage, and on all three reports. I have access to 3 in 1 with EQ.

Belk ($2.5k) Chase Freedom VS ($15k) CSP VS ($21.9k) Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WEMC ($13k) Citi HHonors VS ($11k) Dillard's AmEx ($7.5k) Discover it ($3.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($16.2k) Gold Delta SkyMiles AmEx ($9.5k) Macy's AmEx ($5k) Macy's ($1k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($10k) PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ($15k) Starwood Preferred Guest AmEx ($2k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($30k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($14k) Walmart Discover ($7.5) Arrival + WMC ($12.5k)
Frequent Contributor
resilient

Eightiron wrote:

Have you called PenFed?

I haven't called them because I just don't want them to further complicate things, I got the CLI I asked for, but they just have a weird and crazy way of implementing it.

Contributor
Eightiron

I guess I'm just overly cautious of AAoA, because personally, that it the only thing holding me back from playing with the big boys.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Frequent Contributor
resilient

Eightiron wrote:

I guess I'm just overly cautious of AAoA, because personally, that it the only thing holding me back from playing with the big boys.

I agree, all my recent apps say "length of time accounts have been open" blah bla blah

Frequent Contributor
resilient

Re: PenFed CLI does strange things to CR---UPDATE

So I called PenFed today and told them the dilemma, with them opening a new account and it dropping my AAoA, and my score. Said they submitted a form to remove the account from my credit report. I will know in a week. Fingers crossed.

Frequent Contributor
resilient

Re: PenFed CLI does strange things to CR---UPDATE

So PenFed kept their word....it's updated on my three CRs, and my score has gone back up! Thanks PenFed!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+