cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI problem

tag
mviti

PenFed CLI problem

Hey everyone! Does anyone have any experience with PenFed for a CLI? I have a Visa Gold  2.5K limit with them and requested an increase online last night. It went to a loan officer. This morning I get an email saying Congratulations my new card and documents have been mailed. The credit limit on my card hasn't changed. I called PenFed tonight and was told they mailed me a new Visa Gold card for 4K. Why didn't they just add the 4K to my exisitng card? I specifically selected Credit Limit Increase on the website and the Customer Service Rep on the phone said the same thing. I don't want this to impact my credit by having a new account reflected. The rep said I'd hear in 24-48hrs what's going to happen as he was sending a message to the loan officer. I'm not happy and would appreciate some advice. Thanks!

Cabelas Visa $1K, PenFed Visa Gold $2.5K Fingerhut $2.8K, JCREW $1K, Firestone $1.2K, Venture Visa Signature $15K, Venture One Visa $6K, Quicksilver One Mastercard $2.5K, Barclays Rewards Mastercard $1.4K, Target Red Card $300, Bank of America Travel Rewards VISA (AU) $3K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI problem

I would call back and ask for a Supervisor who are Loan Officers and get the misunderstanding cleared up tonight. Be persistent asking for a Supervisor because CSRs will try to resolve it themselves
Message 2 of 11
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

I have the same concern.😩
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:

You don't see the new cli on your current account? They created a new account? Something is going on over at Penfed. You guys need to call and get it fixed before they issue new cards.

Message 4 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Just give it a day. I requested a CLI on promise back in March. It went to loan officer review.
Next day it let me continue with the application and went to approved. The CLI didn't show for a day for two. The next day I got an email saying my card was on its way but in reality it wasn't. Just give it a day or two and you will see the CLI
Message 5 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Just give it a day. I requested a CLI on promise back in March. It went to loan officer review.
Next day it let me continue with the application and went to approved. The CLI didn't show for a day for two. The next day I got an email saying my card was on its way but in reality it wasn't. Just give it a day or two and you will see the CLI

Ohhhh ok. Thanks so much ddemari for your post. I've never seen clis handled that way. 

Message 6 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

It's bizarre because even after you submit and accept it,
It doesn't close out the process.
You can do it again 10 mins later and get the same results lol. You just have to step back and let it run its course.
Message 7 of 11
mviti

Called back last night and was assured that first Customer Service Rep fixed the request. Card today shows correctly. Very happy Smiley Happy

Cabelas Visa $1K, PenFed Visa Gold $2.5K Fingerhut $2.8K, JCREW $1K, Firestone $1.2K, Venture Visa Signature $15K, Venture One Visa $6K, Quicksilver One Mastercard $2.5K, Barclays Rewards Mastercard $1.4K, Target Red Card $300, Bank of America Travel Rewards VISA (AU) $3K
Message 8 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Happy it worked out for you!

Message 9 of 11
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:

You don't see the new cli on your current account? They created a new account? Something is going on over at Penfed. You guys need to call and get it fixed before they issue new cards.

NOPE. Just checked it and I'm still seeing the previous limit Smiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated. However I haven't gotten the "your card is on its way email"Smiley Very Happy Just checked my email and the email is there LOL

I will call them later today. 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.