Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI?

tag
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

PenFed CLI?

Hi all,

So I have been with PenFed for more than a year now and I haven't gotten a CLI yet... I'm afraid to ask for one since I'm now back in school and making lots less than I was when I got the card but I thought they would give you one after a year of good use??

Thoughts?  Should I ask for one (And take the hard inq) or should I leave it alone?  As the limit is $9,500, I don't really NEED one...but I had planed to make that my primary "personal" card (my AMEX and MC at USAA will be for joint spending and bills) so I wanted a bit higher limit so I can keep to my 1% or less balance reporting....and because my other cards are so much higher ($14k and $24k) the amount seems small to me.

So ask or leave it alone?  And will it be a hard inq for sure if I ask?

Thanks!

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLI?

I was with them almost 2 years until they "pre-approved" me for a CLI from 5K, to 20K total. My advice is to not waste a hard inquiry if you don't have to right now. EVentually, you will start to see the pre-approvals. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.