PenFed CU CC

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed CU CC

@kwazziee wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@kwazziee wrote:

Does anyone know if PenFed  CC is diffcult to obtain?

Yes. You need to have close to perfect credit.

I do have perfect credit no baddies at all on all 3 CRA. My only worries is the high ulti and recently app spree. My TU and EX FICO was at 717 before apping last week for 5 new cards. Any thoughts? Any chance?

Are you already a member of PenFed?

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 11 of 19
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

I just joined a few days ago. ???????

Message 12 of 19
resilient
Established Contributor

Check your credit report. I'm almost positive that they pulled your credit for you to be able to open an account with them. Call member services and ask them if they did. And in the case that they did, then they will not pull another report for at least 30 days of pulling the first, I talked to a rep and he said 60 days, but I'd err on the side of 30. In either case, applying wouldn't hurt because they already have your report pulled, if that is the case. I'd give them a call and ask. They're open forever also ;-)

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 13 of 19
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

If they did pulled my CR before joining then it will not matter is I went ahead and appy but my concern is recent app spree and high utl.

Message 14 of 19
resilient
Established Contributor

Oh, I see now. Well the way I see it, you already took a hit for the application anyway, and they can either say yes or no. What does your applicaiton status say?

Message 15 of 19
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I will say this. They will not look at your 5 new accounts and high utilities favorably.

5 New accounts + high utilities = Pyramiding

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 16 of 19
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I agree.  There is no way you will get that card.  PenFed is one of the hardest cards to get that there is.  You can have an 800+ FICO and they will still put your app on hold, ask for 3 months paystubs, and ask you why there is an inq on your report from 8 months ago.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 17 of 19
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

From what you guys are saying I am too scare to even try and pull the trigger. I will wait until I get my ult. down to less than 10%. Thank you for chiming in on this.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think it was an issue. Didn't know about the card initially. Applied for the Penfed 1.49% auto loan and when I called back to make sure they had the title and promissory notes and whatnot, the rep mentioned the Penfed Platinum card could be appled for without an additional credit pull. I said sure and she approved me instantly for $20k. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.