Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CU Question

tag
Zar
Regular Contributor

PenFed CU Question

Hello all!

I'd like to get a car loan and I'm considering PenFed. They list like 7 different ways to join, the only way for me is by joining the National Military Family Association (NMFA). When trying to join it asks for my SSN... is this going to be a hard pull? (just to join the NMFA or it is the actual join to PenFed?). Could this pull (if it is a hard pull) be used to apply for a used car loan, and probably for their Visa Platinum Rewards credit card? (The car loan is my priority).

Thank you very much for your help!

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: PenFed CU Question

Hi, Zar, there are lots and lots of posts here on the forums about how PenFed works, and what they're looking for. Just click "advanced search" above and type in penfed.

Except for one unlucky member, we have all had one hard pull for joining PenFed itself. Any applications for credit products, such as car loans and CC's, are covered by that hard inq for 60-90 days, unless they've changed very, very recently.

But do a search first to find out what they like to see in applicants, although most posts relate to their Visa Plat gas card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.