AmExcelent

PenFed Checking Inqs Good for Credit?

Apparently it's common knowledge that PenFed will reuse a credit pull for any other credit app during the next 90 days.

My question is, does the same hold true for inquiries that were used to, say, open a checking account? Or are the checking/ savings and credit departments segregated such that one hand doesn't know what the other hand is (or has been) doing?. I only ask because I've made some improvement in my credit (paying down balances) and actually want PenFed to pull a NEW inquiry without having to wait another 2 months.

Maybe I can request a "fresh" inquiry from the loan department for the above stated reasons?
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: PenFed Checking Inqs Good for Credit?

Were you denied a credit product? Is this why you want them to repull your credit? If you want to open a checking account I believe they use Chexsystems. 

But give them a call and see because this is a good question. For me I would hate to get another inquiry in less than 90 days from the same lender. 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
AmExcelent

I wasn't denied for a credit product. I haven't even apped for credit yet. And while I'm sure PenFed uses ChexSystems, they did indeed put an inquiry on EQ for opening a checking. So, will they reuse this inquiry or add a new one (my preference) if I app for an actual CREDIT product? Does anyone know?
Valued Contributor
lhcole77

From what I've read on here the same pull for membership can be used for other credit products for up to 90 days. Not sure if you can request fresh pull.

Here's a good thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Decided-to-join-PenFed/m-p/2036953/highlight/true#M5652...

Might be worth a call to CSR or just wait till after 90 days. Good luck!
Valued Contributor
chnceit

That's why I put a question mark because I wanted more info.

Call them to apply, do not apply online. Because they will use the same inquiry. State to them to re-pull your credit (if possible). Just remember PenFed is inquiry sensitive, debt sensitive and new account sensitive.

Good luck and have a good day :smileyhappy:

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+