cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Checking Inqs Good for Credit?

tag
AmExcelent

PenFed Checking Inqs Good for Credit?

Apparently it's common knowledge that PenFed will reuse a credit pull for any other credit app during the next 90 days.

My question is, does the same hold true for inquiries that were used to, say, open a checking account? Or are the checking/ savings and credit departments segregated such that one hand doesn't know what the other hand is (or has been) doing?. I only ask because I've made some improvement in my credit (paying down balances) and actually want PenFed to pull a NEW inquiry without having to wait another 2 months.

Maybe I can request a "fresh" inquiry from the loan department for the above stated reasons?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Checking Inqs Good for Credit?

Were you denied a credit product? Is this why you want them to repull your credit? If you want to open a checking account I believe they use Chexsystems. 

But give them a call and see because this is a good question. For me I would hate to get another inquiry in less than 90 days from the same lender. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 5
AmExcelent

I wasn't denied for a credit product. I haven't even apped for credit yet. And while I'm sure PenFed uses ChexSystems, they did indeed put an inquiry on EQ for opening a checking. So, will they reuse this inquiry or add a new one (my preference) if I app for an actual CREDIT product? Does anyone know?
Message 3 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

From what I've read on here the same pull for membership can be used for other credit products for up to 90 days. Not sure if you can request fresh pull.

Here's a good thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Decided-to-join-PenFed/m-p/2036953/highlight/true#M5652...

Might be worth a call to CSR or just wait till after 90 days. Good luck!
Message 4 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

That's why I put a question mark because I wanted more info.

Call them to apply, do not apply online. Because they will use the same inquiry. State to them to re-pull your credit (if possible). Just remember PenFed is inquiry sensitive, debt sensitive and new account sensitive.

Good luck and have a good day Smiley Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.