Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Credit Card

tag
DI
Super Contributor

PenFed Credit Card

I opened an account with PenFed in Sept. 09.  Can someone tell me when should I expect credit offers to popup?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed Credit Card

I opened an account in September too and last month I received an offer for a credit card, but I did not accept it.  I want to complete my mortgage process before I apply for any other credit cards. 

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Tomorrow or next year or never. There is no rule.

@DI wrote:

I opened an account with PenFed in Sept. 09.  Can someone tell me when should I expect credit offers to popup?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

Tomorrow or next year or never. There is no rule.

@DI wrote:

Ouch Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 6
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Why don't you just apply for a card?  I opened my account with them in July of 2009 with a $10 deposit.  They took $5.00 for my one share in the CU, deposited the other $5.00 in a savings account and gave me a $5,000 limit on their Visa card.  I now have $5.03 in my savings account and was recently pre-approved for a $50,000 car loan.  Your scores are look solid so, I'd just apply and wait for the card to show up!

Message 5 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

Why don't you just apply for a card?  I opened my account with them in July of 2009 with a $10 deposit.  They took $5.00 for my one share in the CU, deposited the other $5.00 in a savings account and gave me a $5,000 limit on their Visa card.  I now have $5.03 in my savings account and was recently pre-approved for a $50,000 car loan.  Your scores are look solid so, I'd just apply and wait for the card to show up!

I have a card with them already.  I'm not wanting to lower my AAoAs by adding new tradelines.  Thanks for all replies.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.