Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Credit Union's Visa Platinum Rewards Card

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: PenFed Credit Union's Visa Platinum Rewards Card

y0rascal wrote:
just wondering if i get the penfed card and add a AU (my wife) and she uses the card does the rewards still accumulate? or is it only on the primary card?

Rewards accumulate from whichever card is used. They are credited to the balance on the account.

PenFed AU cards DO NOT report to the AU's reports.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 96
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

keithc wrote:
i sthe card hard to get? what cra do they use? i live insc!!

Always EQ, wherever you live. They very rarely pull an additional report.

Relatively difficult to get. They especially hate new accounts, and I just saw on another thread where you app'd for 6 cards and got 4. You might have killed your chances for PenFed for a good long while. Also, they generally require proof of income.

There are lots of threads here about what PenFed likes to see. Use the Advanced Search option and enter penfed app or something similar. These will also show you how you can join.

By the way, you might want to clarify the "i live in sc" thing. Southern Cal or South Carolina?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 96
Cory
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@keithc wrote:
i sthe card hard to get? what cra do they use? i live insc!!

Always EQ, wherever you live. They very rarely pull an additional report.

Relatively difficult to get. They especially hate new accounts, and I just saw on another thread where you app'd for 6 cards and got 4. You might have killed your chances for PenFed for a good long while. Also, they generally require proof of income.

There are lots of threads here about what PenFed likes to see. Use the Advanced Search option and enter penfed app or something similar. These will also show you how you can join.

By the way, you might want to clarify the "i live in sc" thing. Southern Cal or South Carolina?

Well, I guess you are right. I was mistating then. I do have a two GE Money cards, Jc Penney and Care Credit.

Cory

Message 33 of 96
keithc
Regular Contributor

cory, i was trying to balance transfer to 0% and i guess i srewed up!! do you know any cc that has a bt for longer than 12 mos??
Message 34 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that many people also favor Pen as CU as opposed to larger institutional credit lenders who have recently reduced credit limits because of current credit crunch.  CU's tend to be less volatile.
Message 35 of 96
Cory
Established Contributor

@keithc wrote:
cory, i was trying to balance transfer to 0% and i guess i srewed up!! do you know any cc that has a bt for longer than 12 mos??

Hi Keithc,

I don't know of any other credit card giving a balance transfer longer than 12 months. Maybe you can try a Personal Loan, AKA Signature Loan, Personal Line of Credit with a low fixed rate for 2 years.

What is it that you need to do? Post it here, and someone can assist you better than me. Hope that helps.

Cory

Message 36 of 96
Cory
Established Contributor

I wonder does anybody know how long has the Platinum Cash Rewards Visa product been around?

And can you really take out a cash advance from the CC to your checking or savings account without a fee?

Who charges a cash advance fee, and how does that work? The CSR told me that there is no fee. What are the differences with the fee, and the 2.5% thing. I'm sorry if the questions might sound silly to alot of you. 

I have never or will I use the cash advance part of the credit card.

Cory

Message Edited by Cory on 03-21-2009 09:30 AM
Message Edited by Cory on 03-21-2009 09:31 AM
Message 37 of 96
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think that the gas card has been talked about here for a year and a half or so. Could well be older, of course.

And I'm scared witless of cash advances from CC's Smiley Very Happy , so I'll leave that for others to answer. I'm decidedly non-adventurous with CC's!
Message 38 of 96
wmarat
Valued Contributor

My DW is AU on my PenFed and it is reported to all 3 (twice).

Yep, same address. Smiley Wink

I read that about the different addresses, too, but that's not true of all AU's. I know of plenty of siblings/ parents-children with different addresses whose AU accounts do report.

It might be that some CCC's are using this to weed out AU's who are trying to borrow good history from AU's who are under the same roof and presumably in some sort of financial partnership already. Just a guess, though.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 39 of 96
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

wmarat wrote:

My DW is AU on my PenFed and it is reported to all 3 (twice).

Yep, same address. Smiley Wink

I read that about the different addresses, too, but that's not true of all AU's. I know of plenty of siblings/ parents-children with different addresses whose AU accounts do report.

It might be that some CCC's are using this to weed out AU's who are trying to borrow good history from AU's who are under the same roof and presumably in some sort of financial partnership already. Just a guess, though.

Wow, time to check DH's reports. It certainly didn't report at all last year.

Go figure! Thanks for posting this.
Message 40 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.