Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Credit Union's Visa Platinum Rewards Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New PenFed Question

Hey, my PenFed application status was PENDING, then after I accepted the CL counter offer it was showing APPROVED with the value adjusted to the counter CL.  But now is says TRANSFERRED.  What does that mean?
Message 71 of 96
maestro
Valued Member

Re: New PenFed Question

'Transferred' is one step before indicating 'Disbursed'. 

'Disbursed' means the card has been or will soon be issued.

Message 72 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 73 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a wonderful card!
Message 74 of 96
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed Credit Union's Visa Platinum Rewards Card

My said Transferred as well. I don't think it says disbursed anymore. Actually now, all of my products went from approved to transferred.

Cory

Message 75 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

My PenFed Travel Visa showed up under MY ACCOUNTS online today Smiley Happy
Message 76 of 96
Cory
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My PenFed Travel Visa showed up under MY ACCOUNTS online today Smiley Happy

Oh, so you didn't get the Visa Cash Rewards, but the Travel Visa? Same interest rate and balance transfer rate, but no 5% on Gas purchases paid at the pump.

I've already spent about $400.00 in purchases with the card. Wait until you get it in your hand.

Cory

Message 77 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Travel rewards to go toward me and DW end of year get away....she complains we don't do it often enough.  For some reason once every 5 to 8 years just doesn't seem to suffice for her Smiley Happy
Message 78 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I got an alert today that PenFed pulled a second HARD inquiry on me today.  I only app'ed for the Visa....had to go through LO review and so wasn't offered any other loans at same time.

Why would they be hitting me with another "hard" inq?

Message 79 of 96
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

Hey, I got an alert today that PenFed pulled a second HARD inquiry on me today.  I only app'ed for the Visa....had to go through LO review and so wasn't offered any other loans at same time.

Why would they be hitting me with another "hard" inq?

Ouch! Was it on EQ again, or a different bureau? If it's a different bureau, maybe they thought your EQ file was a bit thin and wanted to take a look elsewhere.

If if was a second EQ inq, do you remember the CSR telling you if you were covered for 60 (to 90) days? I app'd by phone, and I do remember her saying this.

I've read of a very few others that this happened too. You might want to call and plead your case.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 80 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.