Super Contributor
CS800

PenFed Defender American Express

Was browsing PenFed and saw this card whch seems to be new and very low introductory APR of 6.99 then after 60 months 9.99. At least one member need to be active/reserve/guard/ or retired status. Offers 1.5% cashback (no limit) on purchases.

• You or your (co-applicant) must be in an active military service status, a member of the Reserves or National Guard or retired from such service to qualify for this product.
  • 1.5% cash back on all purchases - no limit to the rewards you can earn
  • No fees of any kind
  • Summary of Terms (PDF)

Looks like a good card to have. The Cash Reward one offers 5% on gas but 0.25% for everything else.

Super Contributor
CS800

Re: PenFed Defender American Express

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

CS800 wrote:

Was browsing PenFed and saw this card whch seems to be new and very low introductory APR of 6.99 then after 60 months 9.99. At least one member need to be active/reserve/guard/ or retired status. Offers 1.5% cashback (no limit) on purchases.

• You or your (co-applicant) must be in an active military service status, a member of the Reserves or National Guard or retired from such service to qualify for this product.
  • 1.5% cash back on all purchases - no limit to the rewards you can earn
  • No fees of any kind
  • Summary of Terms (PDF)

Looks like a good card to have. The Cash Reward one offers 5% on gas but 0.25% for everything else.

Looks good, but lets a lot of people out since it's only for active or retired military -- that's even stricter than Navy, which allows family, etc. to join.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Regular Contributor
mr_postman

I dont know if i qualify Im not in active duty status or retired but i do have a retired military id due to disability while in the service. waiting for the Penfed to respond if i can app for this.

Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

thats a really good card for no AF. Its CB but i think the closest thing NFCU has to compare is the Flagship. Which has a 49 AF and a not so great point criteria.. I checked whogavemecredit to see if anyone posted anything about it but i guess its too new. I hope the underwriting isnt as strict as their other cards :smileyhappy:

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Super Contributor
CS800

[ Edited ]

This card is tempting but Penfed never showed me any love. I like the no AF and 1.5% cashback.

Valued Contributor
mxp114

1.5% is great, but the card design is ugly.

Super Contributor
CS800

mxp114 wrote:

1.5% is great, but the card design is ugly.

I could have mistaken this card for my PSECU debit card :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}