Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Denied

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Denied

@drkaje wrote:

I have also felt the cold sting of a PenFed denial.

Was looking at my account and noticed the signature card was never filled out. I'll fax it in but really wouldn't be a good candidate for them until next year.

PenFed I'm on says the same on the website when we check (signature card not sent in yet etc).  It was sent it, I think they had us send it to the wrong address (they had 2 for paperwork). Going to send it in yet again though it's been nearly a year. LOL

I noticed this thread came back earlier with the post re-start post and almost posted. I t hink it's terrible they called the posters father when I know for a fact they had ALL of the posters contact information and had NO need to search for more, let alone calling another state. I'd contact executive offices or whatever upper management to get it corrected, it's really not their usual way of dealing with people at all. 

Shame on you PenFed, some of us know you're usually better than that! Fix it!

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 41 of 49
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@RyVision,

I won't close the account out of pure stubborness, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 49
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For short credit history.

@I've got a perfect PIF history of 2 Years, 3 Months. 5% Utilization @ time of application. No mortgage or rental contract liabilities. Less than 10K in student loans. FICO score 741. Legit salary as a public accountant.

So essentially, I have excellent positive cash flow with few liabilities and expenses. My one and only CC for those two years had a credit line of $500 so obviously I was spending carefully.

**bleep**. Had to vent. Waste of an application and hard inquiry. Talk about conservative.

Trying calling in to recon.

Best advice would be garden for a year to get you over 3 years with cards in your name.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 49
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@I've got a perfect PIF history of 2 Years, 3 Months. 5% Utilization @ time of application. No mortgage or rental contract liabilities. Less than 10K in student loans. FICO score 741. Legit salary as a public accountant.

So essentially, I have excellent positive cash flow with few liabilities and expenses. My one and only CC for those two years had a credit line of $500 so obviously I was spending carefully.

**bleep**. Had to vent. Waste of an application and hard inquiry. Talk about conservative.

Best advice would be garden for a year to get you over 3 years with cards in your name.

I've seen some odd reports on WGMC but speaking with PenFed (three times!!) asking for recon pretty much confirms that they want perfect credit. Annoying thing is their reasons for denial changed every time until being forced to admit I never had a chance. I was like; "Why not tell me that the first time?!".

I don't recall reading any successful recon threads about them. If I have, it was so long ago that memory is unclear.

In all fairness, I could probably qualify now but vowed to never waste another HP on them, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 49
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've seen some odd reports on WGMC but speaking with PenFed (three times!!) asking for recon pretty much confirms that they want perfect credit. Annoying thing is their reasons for denial changed every time until being forced to admit I never had a chance. I was like; "Why not tell me that the first time?!".

I don't recall reading any successful recon threads about them. If I have, it was so long ago that memory is unclear.

In all fairness, I could probably qualify now but vowed to never waste another HP on them, LOL!

I agree, once you hit 3 times with a creditor and declined all 3 its time to part ways. I'm on my 3rd strike with AMEX. January 2013 or bust.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

*** Hey all, please note: ***

Hey everyone, only post #37 by first-time poster zulemara on the previous is a current post.

All the others that came before that are several years old, especially the post by wanker from 2008.

There's nothing wrong with bringing up old threads (although it's almost always done by accident) or in adding to it, but do check the date on a post that you're replying to or commenting on.

Things change frequently in credit land, and issues that were relevant at the time might have been corrected.

Or of course, they could still be present or even worse. Smiley Tongue

I should have moved zulemara's post when I found it, but first-time posters always seem to lose their posts when moved, so I held off. I apologize for thus contributing to all the confusion.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 46 of 49
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Sometimes approvals are very strange....My wife got approved by them for a 20k credit line with her highest existing line at $1800. She only had AOAA of 2 years or so and a few inquiries...her score was around 720 or so and mainly had starter cards with lines of $750 or less. I was shocked! And by the way...they have been great so far!
Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread certainly got resurrected!

Since my approval 1.5 years ago, they cut the 3% cash on groceries and have been pushing a transfer to their new points card, which I haven't taken.  So, I basically only use this card for gas now (still 5%), and places that don't take AmEx.  The cashback being a completely automatic statement credit each month is nice.

They also gave me an auto CLI from 15k to 18k several months back.  I'm considering requesting a CLI to push it higher.

Message 48 of 49
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This thread certainly got resurrected!

Since my approval 1.5 years ago, they cut the 3% cash on groceries and have been pushing a transfer to their new points card, which I haven't taken.  So, I basically only use this card for gas now (still 5%), and places that don't take AmEx.  The cashback being a completely automatic statement credit each month is nice.

They also gave me an auto CLI from 15k to 18k several months back.  I'm considering requesting a CLI to push it higher.

Congrats on the auto-CLI!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.