Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: PenFed Denied


drkaje wrote:

I have also felt the cold sting of a PenFed denial.

 

Was looking at my account and noticed the signature card was never filled out. I'll fax it in but really wouldn't be a good candidate for them until next year.


PenFed I'm on says the same on the website when we check (signature card not sent in yet etc).  It was sent it, I think they had us send it to the wrong address (they had 2 for paperwork). Going to send it in yet again though it's been nearly a year. LOL

 

I noticed this thread came back earlier with the post re-start post and almost posted. I t hink it's terrible they called the posters father when I know for a fact they had ALL of the posters contact information and had NO need to search for more, let alone calling another state. I'd contact executive offices or whatever upper management to get it corrected, it's really not their usual way of dealing with people at all. 

 

Shame on you PenFed, some of us know you're usually better than that! Fix it!

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: PenFed Denied

@RyVision,

 

I won't close the account out of pure stubborness, LOL!


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: PenFed Denied


Wankel wrote:

For short credit history.

 

I've got a perfect PIF history of 2 Years, 3 Months. 5% Utilization @ time of application. No mortgage or rental contract liabilities. Less than 10K in student loans. FICO score 741. Legit salary as a public accountant.

 

So essentially, I have excellent positive cash flow with few liabilities and expenses. My one and only CC for those two years had a credit line of $500 so obviously I was spending carefully.

 

**bleep**. Had to vent. Waste of an application and hard inquiry. Talk about conservative.


Trying calling in to recon.

 

Best advice would be garden for a year to get you over 3 years with cards in your name.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: PenFed Denied


LS2982 wrote:

Wankel wrote:

For short credit history.

 

I've got a perfect PIF history of 2 Years, 3 Months. 5% Utilization @ time of application. No mortgage or rental contract liabilities. Less than 10K in student loans. FICO score 741. Legit salary as a public accountant.

 

So essentially, I have excellent positive cash flow with few liabilities and expenses. My one and only CC for those two years had a credit line of $500 so obviously I was spending carefully.

 

**bleep**. Had to vent. Waste of an application and hard inquiry. Talk about conservative.


Trying calling in to recon.

 

Best advice would be garden for a year to get you over 3 years with cards in your name.


I've seen some odd reports on WGMC but speaking with PenFed (three times!!) asking for recon pretty much confirms that they want perfect credit. Annoying thing is their reasons for denial changed every time until being forced to admit I never had a chance. I was like; "Why not tell me that the first time?!".

 

I don't recall reading any successful recon threads about them. If I have, it was so long ago that memory is unclear.

 

In all fairness, I could probably qualify now but vowed to never waste another HP on them, LOL!


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: PenFed Denied


drkaje wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Wankel wrote:

For short credit history.

 

I've got a perfect PIF history of 2 Years, 3 Months. 5% Utilization @ time of application. No mortgage or rental contract liabilities. Less than 10K in student loans. FICO score 741. Legit salary as a public accountant.

 

So essentially, I have excellent positive cash flow with few liabilities and expenses. My one and only CC for those two years had a credit line of $500 so obviously I was spending carefully.

 

**bleep**. Had to vent. Waste of an application and hard inquiry. Talk about conservative.


Trying calling in to recon.

 

Best advice would be garden for a year to get you over 3 years with cards in your name.


I've seen some odd reports on WGMC but speaking with PenFed (three times!!) asking for recon pretty much confirms that they want perfect credit. Annoying thing is their reasons for denial changed every time until being forced to admit I never had a chance. I was like; "Why not tell me that the first time?!".

 

I don't recall reading any successful recon threads about them. If I have, it was so long ago that memory is unclear.

 

In all fairness, I could probably qualify now but vowed to never waste another HP on them, LOL!


I agree, once you hit 3 times with a creditor and declined all 3 its time to part ways. I'm on my 3rd strike with AMEX. January 2013 or bust.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: PenFed Denied

[ Edited ]

*** Hey all, please note: ***

 

Hey everyone, only post #37 by first-time poster zulemara on the previous is a current post.

 

All the others that came before that are several years old, especially the post by wanker from 2008.

 

There's nothing wrong with bringing up old threads (although it's almost always done by accident) or in adding to it, but do check the date on a post that you're replying to or commenting on.

 

Things change frequently in credit land, and issues that were relevant at the time might have been corrected.

 

Or of course, they could still be present or even worse. :smileytongue:

 

I should have moved zulemara's post when I found it, but first-time posters always seem to lose their posts when moved, so I held off. I apologize for thus contributing to all the confusion.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
Posts: 155
Registered: ‎08-25-2010
0

Re: PenFed Denied

Sometimes approvals are very strange....My wife got approved by them for a 20k credit line with her highest existing line at $1800. She only had AOAA of 2 years or so and a few inquiries...her score was around 720 or so and mainly had starter cards with lines of $750 or less. I was shocked! And by the way...they have been great so far!
Established Member
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎10-07-2007
0

Re: PenFed Denied

This thread certainly got resurrected!

 

Since my approval 1.5 years ago, they cut the 3% cash on groceries and have been pushing a transfer to their new points card, which I haven't taken.  So, I basically only use this card for gas now (still 5%), and places that don't take AmEx.  The cashback being a completely automatic statement credit each month is nice.

 

They also gave me an auto CLI from 15k to 18k several months back.  I'm considering requesting a CLI to push it higher.

TU 790 - 1/2012
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: PenFed Denied


Jeff321 wrote:

This thread certainly got resurrected!

 

Since my approval 1.5 years ago, they cut the 3% cash on groceries and have been pushing a transfer to their new points card, which I haven't taken.  So, I basically only use this card for gas now (still 5%), and places that don't take AmEx.  The cashback being a completely automatic statement credit each month is nice.

 

They also gave me an auto CLI from 15k to 18k several months back.  I'm considering requesting a CLI to push it higher.


Congrats on the auto-CLI!!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.