Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed/JFCU

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed/JFCU

I was just perusing the PenFed site and noticed they have a gas rewards card with 5 percent cash back on pay at the pump. That's awesome.
Here we go again...
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Penfed and they are awesome. The products were very easy to obtain and i only had to pay 20 to join but i changed my membership to lifetime because they gave me a 10000cl and offered me a 35000 auto loan at 4.25% if only i was in the market for a auto, but am not. I did however take their cl and cs said to call after i get the card and she is sure they will increase the card, if not much change in my credit profile.  All without financial info. I have 6 CU and by far Penfed is the best
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just posted: PenFed is now offering 2.99% APR lifetime BT. THey just keep getting better and better!
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what's got to happen for a guy to join PenFed?
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

beenthere wrote:
So what's got to happen for a guy to join PenFed?

Join the Military Families Association.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I was wondering about credit age and BKs and FICO scores and all that.
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My opinion, and my opinion only, is your EQ is too low for PenFed, coupled with new car loan and credit cards... but wait! What is your current APR on your car loan and the model year of the vehicle. PenFed has 4.25% finance and refinance automobiles that will at least get your foot in the door with a loan product... possibly a cc.

Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 05-06-2008 06:02 AM
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

FaircreditguyFL wrote:
My opinion, and my opinion only, is your EQ is too low for PenFed, coupled with new car loan and credit cards... but wait! What is your current APR on your car loan and the model year of the vehicle. PenFed has 4.25% finance and refinance automobiles that will at least get your foot in the door with a loan product... possibly a cc.

Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 05-06-2008 06:02 AM

The APR on my new/2008 car is 4.9% and I paid 40% down on the car. I'm leaving the car alone. I have a dispute with EQ that I just initiated. They have the same vehicle and account listed twice. Once as PIF/paid as agreed and the other as being included in a BK. Next week my EQ will be my best score. In 6 months all my scores will be over 700 easily.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.