Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Offers

tag
jla84
Regular Contributor

PenFed Offers

I have a Travel Rewards AmEx from PenFed, which was increased in January of this year via pre-screened offers. Tonight I checked all of the offers they had for me this quarter, and they had an offer for the Platinum Rewards card with a $6100 limit, but there was no mention of whether I could add that $6100 to my Travel Rewards card. I sent a secure message to them, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone was able to do that. I do remember with my last offer I took that it had the Platinum Rewards but also had an option to add it to my AmEx. That didn't happen this time, so I don't really understand. Any insights?

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jla84
Regular Contributor

Re: PenFed Offers

Update: just called them and they said they can't add the $6100 to my existing AmEx card. Doesn't make any sense but oh well. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed Offers

@jla84 wrote:

Update: just called them and they said they can't add the $6100 to my existing AmEx card. Doesn't make any sense but oh well. 

Most likely fraud prevention issue.  Yeah, there are ways around it but depending on the sophistication of the systems, if an awkward charge comes in on one of the two tradelines they can freeze the account before one is approved on the second, whereas the exposure on the card on a single transaction, may be more in their eyes.

My theory anyway as to why they'd do that.  Or it may just be Penfed being Penfed Smiley Happy.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.