Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed - Pending.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed - Pending.....

We just joined PenFed two weeks ago.

Got our signature paperwork and I added my wife as a joint account owner. I decided to be proactive and sent them the last two years income tax returns as well as last two years W2 forms. I figured I would just send this in with the signature information hoping they would put it on file somewhere.

Decided today to app for the Rewards Visa. I completed the application and submitted. Resutling page started with "pending" $0.00. Just checked back and now it says "pending" $20,000.

You all that have been through this process - how should I read this since the amount went from "0" to "20K".

Good sign? Bad sign? Smiley Surprised

It would be great to get this card!

Thanks for any replies.

Ray

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed - Pending.....

I would say your $20K richer....or $20K of credit available....Congrats !

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am nervous about this one!

It would sure be a great card to have!  Smiley Very Happy

5% on gas at today's prices would be sweet considering we have three cars to feed!

Ray

Message 3 of 28
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

With a Fico score of 830, I am surprise they didn't limo service the card to your front door. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could only wish for that! But, it is a goal.

We are in the 760's last I checked and that was before the first of this year. Have not checked since.

Based on all factors, we have one remaining card with a high balance on it. All others are now down to zero and we send all available money to this last card.

So, that high balance might bite me.

Ray

Message 5 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I could only wish for that! But, it is a goal.

We are in the 760's last I checked and that was before the first of this year. Have not checked since.

Based on all factors, we have one remaining card with a high balance on it. All others are now down to zero and we send all available money to this last card.

So, that high balance might bite me.

Ray

PenFed is running a 0%APR no transfer fee for the life of the balance on all its cards. So if you get approve you may just very well get it in good timing. 

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know - and I missed that when I app'd....... Dang it!

I sent them a note referencing the application number and told them if approved, I want to balance transfer.

So - maybe. That "pending" is killing me right now!  LOL!

Ray

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Approved for $20,000! Subject to income verification...

"COMMENTS:  Please send a copy of your two (2) most recent paystubs to PenFed via fax at 1-800-278-2212 or 1-800-557-7328.
BOTH PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR TWO (2) MOST RECENT PAYSTUBS VIA FAX
AT 1-800-278-2212 OR 1-800-557-7328
"

So we will do this and enjoy the rewards! When I applied, I under stated our income.

Funny though, I though I would cover this track with the paperwork that I already sent them......

Ray

Message 8 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

Approved for $20,000! Subject to income verification...

"COMMENTS:  Please send a copy of your two (2) most recent paystubs to PenFed via fax at 1-800-278-2212 or 1-800-557-7328.
BOTH PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR TWO (2) MOST RECENT PAYSTUBS VIA FAX
AT 1-800-278-2212 OR 1-800-557-7328
"

So we will do this and enjoy the rewards! When I applied, I under stated our income.

Funny though, I though I would cover this track with the paperwork that I already sent them......

Ray

Congrats!!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

This will be great... Now I just have to find a fax machine! LOL - no phone line at home.

For $20k, I will find something!

Got to stop now - this stuff is addicting!

This month me:

1. AMEX Zync - approved.

2. Target Red Card - approved / $2500

3. Discover More - approved / $1500

4. Barclaybank iTunes Visa - approved / $2200

5. Home Depot - approved / $2000

6. PenFed (joint) - approved subject to income (not worried)/ $20,000

Wife:

1. AMEX Blue Cash - approved / $2000

2. Discover More - approved / $1000

Time to fly under the radar for a while - LOL

These new approvals bring out total credit to just under $90,000.00. Wow, I never thought we would see that day!

Now, once the pay stubs are at PenFed and the credit card is done, I think I will apply for a personal line of credit since we do not have one of those.

Ray

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.