cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature?

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a member and denied 7-8 months ago for the Platnium card for pyramids debts. Did they loosen up some? Are they inquiry and new account sensitive still?  I also got this mailer last week. 

They have definitely loosened up. Have you been an Egyptian since your denial? 😆

Yes by now I probably built a small city of pyramids...lol

Message 11 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a member and denied 7-8 months ago for the Platnium card for pyramids debts. Did they loosen up some? Are they inquiry and new account sensitive still?  I also got this mailer last week. 

They have definitely loosened up. Have you been an Egyptian since your denial? 😆

Lol well check out the data share thread and see how your stats compare to those that have been approved. Lots of members had many new accounts/inqs when they were approved.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-p/4591561#U4591561

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol well check out the data share thread and see how your stats compare to those that have been approved. Lots of members had many new accounts/inqs when they were approved.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/m-p/4591561#U4591561

Thanks for the info! 

Message 13 of 22
elim
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@elim wrote:

@minski wrote:

@Anonymous

What is the rate of point to dollar? I've scrolled through PenFed website and can't find the answer. 

Well, it;s more like 0.85c per point   A $100 Visa gift card costs 11,760 points (as does $100 Amazon card).   This is why I no longer like this card, 2.54% on groceries (whereas 3% is fairly easy to get) and 4.25% on gas, whereas the cash rewards (with a small savings account) gives 5%

The only use I have for the card is that it gives rewards in supermarkets abroad, and I don't have another card that does that.

hrmmmm, I checked flights when I got the card and a random $1000 flight was about $10 off google flights.  Bummer

Message 14 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@elim wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@elim wrote:

@minski wrote:

@Anonymous

What is the rate of point to dollar? I've scrolled through PenFed website and can't find the answer. 

Well, it;s more like 0.85c per point   A $100 Visa gift card costs 11,760 points (as does $100 Amazon card).   This is why I no longer like this card, 2.54% on groceries (whereas 3% is fairly easy to get) and 4.25% on gas, whereas the cash rewards (with a small savings account) gives 5%

The only use I have for the card is that it gives rewards in supermarkets abroad, and I don't have another card that does that.

hrmmmm, I checked flights when I got the card and a random $1000 flight was about $10 off google flights.  Bummer

Oh, I didn't check travel redemptions.  They may be better

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@elim wrote:

@minski wrote:

@Anonymous

I agree with the points being less than 1 to 1 but even less appealing is the redemption choices I use only cash back and at 5880 points to get a fifty dollar pre-paid Visa card it's not very useful to me.
Message 16 of 22
minski
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@elim wrote:

@minski wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks. I knew I'd seen something about 0.85c per point somewhere but I couldn't remember whether it was for this card or another. 

I've been leaning towards the Cash Rewards for the 5% cash back but I'd really like a no FTF card that I can use abroad and still get rewards. Still undecided. Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the cash rewards give 5 on gas and 0 on everything else? I can't find anywhere that says you get 1% on other transactions
Message 18 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the cash rewards give 5 on gas and 0 on everything else? I can't find anywhere that says you get 1% on other transactions

I'm thinking its just fuel at the pump only. 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 for gas at pump

3 for super markets

1 for everything else

* platinum rewards vs

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.