Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Preapp Offers Updated

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Preapp Offers Updated

@Anonymous wrote:
Kind of dumb, but I made an account for penfed about a year ago and applied for a CC and was denied and now forgot all my information to log in now having to enroll again. Has anyone gone through this and do the pre apps stay? Or do I start over fresh Thanks

Assuming you are actually a member (and you would have to have deposited $5 to be bonafide) you'll still be good. Call one of their CSR's, available 24/7 and ask. They are very nice and will be glad to help you. Make that call before you start over.
Message 31 of 69
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:
I'm thanking PenFed isn't waving any offers at me right now.  I do not want any further decreases in my AAoA after accepting an offer.  But, I'll take a CLI any day. 

The CLI comes in the form of an offer. In the absence of an offer you have to app for a CLI. I've done it both ways and they both work.

Message 32 of 69
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Kind of dumb, but I made an account for penfed about a year ago and applied for a CC and was denied and now forgot all my information to log in now having to enroll again. Has anyone gone through this and do the pre apps stay? Or do I start over fresh Thanks

Yeah I had to look up my info from my notes.  If I was in your situation, I would call them first.

(But my guess is that you wouldn't "lose" anything.  After all you probably still have $5 sitting in a share account like me Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Jeff321 on 01-02-2010 09:54 PM

Do we collect interest on that $5?

Absolutely! If the interest is not sufficient to require them to send you a 1099 form you don't have to report it either. In my case, unfortunately, I'll be getting a 1099.  Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 69
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
The good news for you is that you are no longer on the outside looking in at a CC! Congrats! They will pretty much give you any one of those CC's at $15K CL if you accept the offer. BTW - it is pick one offer. If you want another one it will be a fresh app. If you wanted two CC's at $7.5K each or $10K and $5K I would call a CSR and ask them how to best go about doing it.

Thanks!  However I don't think I really want any of them anymore, haha.  I already have 3 CCs with a combined CL of $25k.  Their Visa Platinum Cashback (1.25%) card does beat my BoA AmEx cash (1.25%) card a little though in terms of reward dollars.

Not sure if you mean you have a PenFed card or just 3 cards in general.  For those who have PenFed cards, I believe you can also contact them and have that $15k new cc offer converted to a CLI for an existing PenFed card(s).  They are quite flexible in that respect.

Edit to add:  I believe CWCID already addressed this above and I missed it.  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by TangMeister on 01-02-2010 11:28 PM
Message 34 of 69
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You don't have to contact them to accept a CC offer as an addition to your current CL. It is an option to do so is presented to you during the acceptance process.
Message 35 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the start of a new quarter and PenFed has just run their preapp offers update. Y'all might want to take a peek and see what might have popped up.

Holy cow!

A Smörgåsbord of credit!

I grabbed the Visa.  I don't like AFs otherwise I'd have taken the AmEx.  Funny thing is I don't see any hard pull after getting approval confirmation.

Message 36 of 69
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the start of a new quarter and PenFed has just run their preapp offers update. Y'all might want to take a peek and see what might have popped up.

Holy cow!

A Smörgåsbord of credit!

I grabbed the Visa.  I don't like AFs otherwise I'd have taken the AmEx.  Funny thing is I don't see any hard pull after getting approval confirmation.

There usually isn't one. They already had it figured out when they posted your pre-app offer. Congratulations!

Message 37 of 69
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Here's what a set of offers look like:

Message 38 of 69
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

This is what the account screen looks like when you have offers:

Message 39 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what a set of offers look like:

Off topic, but still ...

Just how expensive are motorcycles these days?  I remember my cousin buying a new motorcycle several years back.  With $30k he could have bought ten!!

Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.