Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Preapprovals Back!

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Preapprovals Back!

I bet you see something!

I was told two years for unsecured credit and $20k was the max offered.

Their CS people are super nice and very helpful!

Crossing fingers....  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 21 of 23
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Hang in there DI...it'll show up. We put a fair amount of gas on the card each month, so we do use the card we already have. Also, we have a small used auto loan with them. I don't know if customer activity plays a role.

I am one who never paid attention to "pre approval" offers from most cc companies. They were basically just an invitation to apply as far as I was concerned. Usually no better than simply going to the website of the cc company to apply.

The PenFed preapprovals are true preapprovals, however.

One note...when we got the list of preapprovals, it had dollar amounts for the credit cards, car loans, etc. That's the amount we went for. When we clicked the list of "other preapproval offers" there were higher amounts. We went simply for the amount we were already preapproved for. If we had pressed for higher limit amounts than that, I think the process would have been more involved. We decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth and press for more.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, finally for me.  1 yr 9mths before the pre-approval finally popped up for a variety of auto/boat loans.  Patience has paid off.  BTW, it did coincide with a CL on my Penfed Amex.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.