Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Promise Success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Promise Success!!!

Hi guys, long term lurker here but I finally decided to join and apply for the PenFed promise. I did the app over the phone with a CSR and got approved for 1k... Now I'm happy I got the card but the limit is much lower than my other cards which all start at at least 2500 and go up to 7500. I think I want to start gardening. What do you guys recommend for me to grow this credit line?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed Promise Success!!!

Congrats on your approval and welcome to the PenFed family.  Smiley Happy.  I'll let others chime in on what works as far as getting a CLI as I haven't been with them long to really give a definitive answer.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and welcome to the PenFed family! You can ask for a cli right away if you want. I did that and received a 2k increase on the Rewards card. Your hard pull is good for 90 days.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you MusicLover! I called and they gave me an addition 1.5K increase. Now I remember reading somewhere that PenFed is a generous lender and I want to start gardening. Is there any usage they like to see or what small things can I do to help build more?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you MusicLover! I called and they gave me an addition 1.5K increase. Now I remember reading somewhere that PenFed is a generous lender and I want to start gardening. Is there any usage they like to see or what small things can I do to help build more?

Just use the card regularly and treat it well.  That is enough to get you into their good graces.   Congrats on the approval...

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Great! As to usage, I use both my cards regularly. I use Promise for large purchases I want to pay over time. I have about a 700.00 balance there and reoccuring payments of 200.00 monthly and thre Rewards card runs about two thousand a month through it. I am going to let things ride for about a year since I have so many new accounts and then see what I can do about hopefully a large cli on both cards.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah this year I opened a Cap 1 Venture, Amex, Chase, and this PenFed so I'm going to cool down for at least a year and just trying to raise limits
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.