Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Snail Mail Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Snail Mail Offer

@takeshi74 wrote:

Don't just respond to offer and don't just rely on prequals.  Carefully consider products that specifically suit you.  As longtime says, look beyond the earn rates on programs like this and consider redemptions.  PenFed nerfed this one a while back, IIRC.

@Anonymous wrote:

At least this post can help some other PenFed members over 680 Fico.

Keep in mind that PenFed uses EQ FICO NextGen.  Always consdier the specific scoring model and CRA as well as the relevance of the model/CRA to a given creditor.  As always, it's never just about score.  PenFed seems to like to cite pyramiding for certain profiles that have recently added a number of new accounts above their threshold for such profiles.

I did not know which score PenFed uses for their credit card apps, thank you for that.  Though I appreciate your consistent guidance postings on selecting and applying for  credit, I am a bit offended this needed to be stated.  Perhaps my written word was misinterpreted.

"PenFed sent me  a general mailer!  I am in no personal way ready to obtain more credit cards at this point.  Let me post the details here!  I am sad it is not next year yet and I can apply for more credit.  Time marches on.  Hope another can benefit from this offer!"

I return to the depths of the internets.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.