Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Tested/cli/pending/2.5k increase/asked for 13.5 k incr./pending

tag
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed again Playing Games/cli/pending/2.5k increase

@danielodonoll wrote:

Newport Maybe so but i have to go with what i was told and i didn't take any action on the account before i consulted with the lender so if they misinformed me then i guess will have to see if the credit limit go up or not.

I understand, let us know the outcome because i sure like to know if they have changed it from 1 yr.  Good luck on your CLI

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 11 of 18
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Hey i appreciate it NewPort and for sure i will keep everyone updated on this

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 12 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck. PenFed is a serious lender and By the way... A conservative lender too.
Message 13 of 18
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@danielodonoll wrote:

Yes Lexie but i wanna give them a chance to show me they are a serious lender and the account hitting 6 months today i decided to wait...

This reminds me too much of my nuisance customers ("I have paid $40K a month for the last 10 years and if you don't fix it TODAY, we will switch to .....") failing to realize that the customers I care about pay $2M a month, and that it is in fact highly unlikely that  they switch, and if by chance they do, it really doesn't matter.

So daniel, suppose Penfed came back and said "Actually we are joke lender and we don't intend to give you a CLI ever" and you rightly closed your accounts: how much would Penfed suffer.  As before when you threatened this, the answer is "Not at all".   So, the language is like childish posturing.  

Isn't the truth more you would quite like a decent CLI and want to see if you will get one.  You are not, in any meaningful sense, giving Penfed a chance to prove themselves worthy of your valuable business.   Unless your spend is off the order of $2M per month, in which case I take it back!

Message 14 of 18
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Very true that Lexie and thank you for the advice

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 15 of 18
danielodonoll
New Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@danielodonoll wrote:

Yes Lexie but i wanna give them a chance to show me they are a serious lender and the account hitting 6 months today i decided to wait...

This reminds me too much of my nuisance customers ("I have paid $40K a month for the last 10 years and if you don't fix it TODAY, we will switch to .....") failing to realize that the customers I care about pay $2M a month, and that it is in fact highly unlikely that  they switch, and if by chance they do, it really doesn't matter.

So daniel, suppose Penfed came back and said "Actually we are joke lender and we don't intend to give you a CLI ever" and you rightly closed your accounts: how much would Penfed suffer.  As before when you threatened this, the answer is "Not at all".   So, the language is like childish posturing.  

Isn't the truth more you would quite like a decent CLI and want to see if you will get one.  You are not, in any meaningful sense, giving Penfed a chance to prove themselves worthy of your valuable business.   Unless your spend is off the order of $2M per month, in which case I take it back!

It makes no difference to me either way my friendSmiley Wink

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 16 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

1@daniel!;-) no room for naysayers
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 18
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Lol YoungSmiley Very Happy

No sir not today!!

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.