Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed -- Tormenting Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed -- Tormenting Me

I've only been a member with PenFed since January, every deposit I send them is put on a 10-day hold, I STILL have no FICO score --- YET, they are sending me e-mails galore to app for all their different credit cards.  I yell back at my computer screen: "I would if I could!!!" 

They are tempting and tormenting me!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed -- Tormenting Me

@Anonymous wrote:

I've only been a member with PenFed since January, every deposit I send them is put on a 10-day hold, I STILL have no FICO score --- YET, they are sending me e-mails galore to app for all their different credit cards.  I yell back at my computer screen: "I would if I could!!!" 

They'll put your deposits on a 10 day hold usually for your first 6 months as a member, any deposit other than cash. CC payments hold 10 days as well but will post on the day you request payment be made, 10 days later, your balance drops by that amount.  After 6 months the 10 day hold is removed.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 4
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you making your deposits by check, or electronic transfer? 

I've only been with PenFed since late December. Yet, the funds from my direct deposit show up on the day expected, and my PenFed CC payments (electronically pulled from a linked USAA checking account) post within a few days. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, with regard to the 10-day hold, they told us in their "Welcome to PenFed letter" that, because we have no FICO score, the 10-day holds on our account "could" extend throughout our first year's membership.  I have an idea they will soft-pull our CRs from time to time to see if we are doing well paying our credit card accounts, or if we are deadbeats.  Hopefully, somewhere along the way, they will extend an invitation for credit to us that's guaranteed as they have done with others. 

In the meantime, their tempting e-mails are just too enticing! 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.