Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed & Alliant Quirks

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed & Alliant Quirks

Will PenFed & Alliant deny you if you have outstanding unpaid collections?
Message 21 of 41
adamseve
Established Contributor

bump
Message 22 of 41
jbh
Established Contributor

I'd like to know as well since my EQ is 658 before util drop on one account (100+% to 5% updates later next week) and has one ca.

Alliant seems to be more lenient, though, from my research on a credit pull database. Just fyi.
Message 23 of 41
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Tax returns, First business then personal, Business Checking Statements, Personal Savings Statements, Proof of Tax ID, etc.

I'm convinced now that the person I was dealing with was just an a**hole. It became a game of sorts. They'd ask for something in the am. I'd immediately fax it in, wait ALL day and then around 4:45pm they'd change my status to tell me I needed to send in more information. I'd call and the person was always "gone for the day". It went one for an entire week.  The CSR did tell me flat out the self-employed made them nervous. Thing is my business is incorporated, bank accounts have 5 digit number balances, savings account I sent them was 1 of 3 and had $20k....Not that I am a millionaire, but with providing EVERYTHING they asked for, having a 740EQ with no baddies, lates, etc...I think they were total jerks.

Their money market accounts aren't great either. My high yield savings give me more in interest. I'm NOT impressed with PenFed. I used their card for the 1st month because of the 5% back on gas, but have since used my Discover. I won't use that card at all except for gas purchases and otherwise it's basically sockdrawered. I wish I never applied with them. The worst experience I've ever gone through. Absolutely absurd just to get a credit card.

+1 and 100% agreed. That was ridiculous treatment. I'm surprised you still wanted their cc!
Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

TangMeister wrote:

+1 and 100% agreed. That was ridiculous treatment. I'm surprised you still wanted their cc!

Honestly, I really didn't. I wanted to tell them to shove it up their arse and would have if it wasn't for this site and all the information I have learned about inquiries and closing new accounts, etc. I figured the damage with the inquiry was done already. I haven't been using it. I tried it a few times the first month I got it and the more I think about it, the more they make me mad and I haven't used it the last 2 months at all.  I hate them.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-07-2008 03:06 PM
Message 25 of 41
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

adamseve wrote:
Will PenFed & Alliant deny you if you have outstanding unpaid collections?

Are you serious? Just about anyone other than sub-prime bottom feeding issuers will.
Message 26 of 41
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

UpUpUp:

Change your business from an "S" corp to a "C" corp and start drawing a salary. That will take the "self employed" target off your back.
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but no thanks. I already changed 2 years from an LLC. I will never go through that again. What a mess. I had to change everything...Tax IDs, State Tax IDs, Bank Accounts, Merchant Accounts, I had to REAPPLY for accounts I already had just to do the name changes and it's not cheap!  I do draw a salary already though, started this year doing that.

jmbfl wrote:
UpUpUp:

Change your business from an "S" corp to a "C" corp and start drawing a salary. That will take the "self employed" target off your back.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-09-2008 05:41 PM
Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Side note: Forgot I may have to, I will be relocating next year when I purchase a home and it will be to another state. I'll look into any benefit of C corp over S corp when I have to redo that stuff in the new state.
Message 29 of 41
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
I do draw a salary already though, started this year doing that.

If you draw a salary (and not a draw) then you are an employee ot the corporation. It is a salary if it is reported to you on a W-2. If you are an employee of the corporation then you are not self-employed. If you can I would recommend you make up a title for yourself ("King" or "Omnipotent One" are good) and treat yourself as an employee. This will avoid all those "self-employed person" issues. I did this 28 years ago. I will never be self-employed again. (Particularly since I am now employed by a Fortune 500 company!)
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.