Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed and Credit Line Increases

tag
mark1210

PenFed and Credit Line Increases

Hello,

I recently became a member with PenFed last week, was instantly approved for a credit card and earlier this week approved (wasn't instant but required loan officer review, no faxing of paystubs or anything) for an auto refinance at the lowest rate offered.  My question is, although I was instantly approved for a credit card it wasn't with a high enough limit to do any real balance transfers (10K CL).

I've read on here that 20K is fairly common with PenFed - when I spoke to a CSR their suggestion was to fax paystubs and a letter explaining the CLI request.  Before I go through all that - has anyone done it before?  Has it worked for them?

I'm a bit puzzled at their process - 10K CC approval, manual approval for auto loan, but yet send a letter and pay stubs for a CLI?  I would have thought they had enough information to make a judgement on but apparently nott.

Either way, totally happy with PenFed so far.

Ex: 755, TU: 798, Eq: 714
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed and Credit Line Increases

They stuck me with a $500 limit. Yes $500. Everytime I have asked about a cli they have told me I have to wait 12 months before the account would be eligible. 

Message 2 of 6
chnceit
Valued Contributor

12 months is they key for CLI for PenFed

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

mark: Did they pull EQ for you?

Message 4 of 6
mark1210

Yes they did - wish it was TU or Ex.. but it was EQ.

Ex: 755, TU: 798, Eq: 714
Message 5 of 6
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I got $20k without having to do paystubs when NavyFederal wanted to verify paystubs. Although NavyFederal did give me double that and then gave me an immediate $10k increase.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.