Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed ballance transfer offer

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

PenFed ballance transfer offer

Got an email about 4.99% PenFed Baalance transfer offer,  does that mean I am pre approved or did they send that to eeveryone pretty much?

Its also above the my accounts line along with a Car Buying Servive and Real Estatew Rewards, but I know PenFed is very conservative

Only have a savings account with them

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RSCo
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed ballance transfer offer

@john398 wrote:

Got an email about 4.99% PenFed Baalance transfer offer,  does that mean I am pre approved or did they send that to eeveryone pretty much?

Its also above the my accounts line along with a Car Buying Servive and Real Estatew Rewards, but I know PenFed is very conservative

Only have a savings account with them

careful they will accuse you of pyramiding debt...  it's a trap...  very iffy with them...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 2 of 7
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I get an e-mail about once a week about the 4.99% BT. I don't think it means you are preapproved. 

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

I get an e-mail about once a week about the 4.99% BT. I don't think it means you are preapproved. 

thanks, I would not think so either

Message 4 of 7
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

Too conservative, we can't judge. Be carefull.
Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

thanks, I would not think so either

I got the same and other offers from Penfed recently.

There's no way I'm approved for them, zero, zip, swabo chance unless they reduced their underwriting requirements by an absurd amount;  I would strongly suggest not reading anything into the offers.

        
Message 6 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

ok I emailed penfed and they said:

Unfortunately, the message you received was not for a pre-approval offer. If you

wish to receive a PenFed Promise card, an application must be submitted to

consider your request.

Thanks everyone

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.