Contributor
brooklyngal

Re: PenFed denied me 2 weeks ago.....but EQ reported a 40 point increase today..apply again?

Being an "Egyptian" is when PenFed denies you for Pyramiding Debt.  I don't know who here started saying it, but it's cute! *chuckles*

Pyramiding Debt can mean various things, but one of the definitions is having too many recent trade lines.

*shakes fist at PenFed* :smileymad:

molly73 wrote:
hi brooklyngal.....i was wondering about that "Egyptian" part! what does that mean? thanks again!

I'm in the 700 club now! :smileyhappy:
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Re: PenFed denied me 2 weeks ago.....but EQ reported a 40 point increase today..apply again?

brooklyngal wrote:
They won't send a letter. Login to your account and go to application status. There should be a link that you can click on and it will give a reason for denial. If it's "pyramiding debt" AKA being an Egyptian, odds aren't good for a recon.

molly73 wrote:
hey smallfry -

if you mean did they send me a letter....i have not received one yet.

You most definitely can successfully recon PenFed for being an Egyptian. I did.
Contributor
brooklyngal

How'd you do it?  All they told me was that they wanted to see my new accounts age more (at least 6 months). 

FaircreditguyFL wrote:

brooklyngal wrote:
They won't send a letter. Login to your account and go to application status. There should be a link that you can click on and it will give a reason for denial. If it's "pyramiding debt" AKA being an Egyptian, odds aren't good for a recon.

molly73 wrote:
hey smallfry -

if you mean did they send me a letter....i have not received one yet.

You most definitely can successfully recon PenFed for being an Egyptian. I did.

I'm in the 700 club now! :smileyhappy:
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Sent recon by fax and indicated their assessment of my credit was not a fair or accurate depiction of my credit. I was approved 15 minutes later and no docs where requested. Have since been approved for a LOC and car re-fi. They are really a great CU. You just have to get past their tough exterior.
Frequent Contributor
molly73

FaircreditguyFL -

what were your scores when you faxed over a recon?

what did you say in the fax?

when i called today they said that they would have to do a hard pull to get my score...which i guess makes sense if my score changed.....or can they see the without doing a hard pull? they pull from EQ right?
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

[ Edited ]
705. Yes, they are an exclusive puller of EQ, but they look at the entire picture. I was miffed when I was called an Egyptian and considered closing my account, but I recon'd and was approved as previously stated. With their 4.25% re-fi, their LOC, and their platinum rewards card, I find it hard to beat their services. With that said, I consider Navy my top banking institution. Their CSR are 1st rate. PenFed is 1A.

Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 06-18-2008 08:46 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}