Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed floating payment

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed floating payment

About 4 month in I called in to ask they release a payment as the card was maxed and I wanted to use it. The rep made it permanent so all my payments are applied against available credit. But I have a payroll direct deposit going into my access checking and the rep mentioned that. I'm at 5 months membership, the only restriction I still have is $50/day ACH pull from external accounts.
Message 11 of 13
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:
the only restriction I still have is $50/day ACH pull from external accounts.

I think that's the restriction I heard about. I could live with that, but it would prevent PenFed from becoming my primary account. Are there any other push/pull restrictions?

Message 12 of 13
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:
the only restriction I still have is $50/day ACH pull from external accounts.

I think that's the restriction I heard about. I could live with that, but it would prevent PenFed from becoming my primary account. Are there any other push/pull restrictions?

That $50 per day "pull" from external accounts is in place for the first 6 months of membership. I can see why they do that - on the Penfed online account I pulled an ACH for $35.55 from my BoA checking to close out the account yesterday, 10/11. Penfed gave me instant credit for it, and it has yet to hit my BoA account, will probably hit tomorrow, so I can call BoA & close the account.

For ACH "Push" deposits I'm not aware of any limits. My payrtoll direct deposit is available immediately, and I've sent deposits of $1k and $1500 from my other bank accounts to Penfed, they were in my available account balance the day they hit. And I was told that check deposits on their mobile app were disabled for the first 3 months, around 4 months in I did a $500 check deposit on the app on my phoine and it went through immediately.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.