Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed > Premium Travel Amex

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

PenFed > Premium Travel Amex

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I was interested in applying for PenFed's Travel Amex. I see many people have this card in their signature. Are you happy with PenFed? I don't need the rewards, but thought it would be a good idea to start a relationship with them since I am not a member of a credit union. Is it recommended to open a Checking/ Savings account before applying? Thanks!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed > Premium Travel Amex

I have two PenFed cards. One of them being Travel Rewards Amex. I was floored when they approved! since then, nothingt but good things to say about them. Id recommend it if you are looking for a penfed card that has no fee, usually high limits and is travel related. I got the highest apr on it but i dont revolve so bo biggie. but i love the card!!

dfdfere3.jpg

Message 2 of 7
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @ddemari! Do you have a checking/ savings account with them? What were your scores if you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They turned me down for a CC for their usual egyptian reason but approved me for a checking account, thrifty overdraft thing and a car loan all within about 3 weeks.  I've been very happy with their customer service and can't say enough good things about them!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a savings account and applied for two cards: Rewards and Promise. I love PenFed! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have a checking acccunt, thrifty line of credit, PenFed Promise Visa, PenFed Amex,and regular share with them. My EQ is clean except I have lots of inquiries. I joined early 2014 with a share account and decieded to roll the dice this past august on credit cards. they used to decline me in the past. My nextgen Fico they use is 660. 

Message 6 of 7
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I was approved! Thanks everyone! Always wanted to be a part of a credit union!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.