Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed has a new CC? Visa Signature

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

PenFed has a new CC? Visa Signature

Went online and saw PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card Here. The rewards look like their other rewards card. Its cool looking card and its a Visa Signature Smiley Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed has a new CC? Visa Signature

Do you know PenFeds credit requirements to get one of their cards?

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 2 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Went online and saw PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card Here. The rewards look like their other rewards card. Its cool looking card and its a Visa Signature Smiley Happy

There has been a lot of discussion about this.  In particular, the rewards do NOT look like some of their existing cards.  Unless, each month, you have a "qualifying account" which is a checking account with direct deposit of some minimum, or a CD, or a loan, you get 3% on gas rather than 5%.   This card seems to be a downgrade from the Platinum Rewards (no longer offered) and, for gas only users, the Cash Rewards card.  Especially if you have other Visa Signature cards.

Message 3 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Here is a good thread on PenFed approvals and denials Here

I was approved in January for their Rewards Visa and LOC. 

Here is my survey

- What did you App for (CC, Auto...)? PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa with EMV

- Approved or Declined? Instantly Approved

- Date of app? 1/9/13

- EQ FICO at app? IDK

- # of Inquiries at app? 7

- Any Derogs at app: 0

- Oldest Account Age? 10.2 Years

- Newest Account Age? 2 months at time of app

- AAoA at app? 4.8 Years

- Highest CL at app? $10K

- EQ Utilization Percentage? 3%

- Requested CL? No

- Instant Approval? Yes

- Income Verification Required? No

- Any Counter Offer from PenFed? No

- If declined, reason given? N/A

- Any comments you think helpful? I was denied two years ago; gardening paid off

PenFed also approved me for a $15K LOC

Message 4 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

There has been a lot of discussion about this.  In particular, the rewards do NOT look like some of their existing cards.  Unless, each month, you have a "qualifying account" which is a checking account with direct deposit of some minimum, or a CD, or a loan, you get 3% on gas rather than 5%.   This card seems to be a downgrade from the Platinum Rewards (no longer offered) and, for gas only users, the Cash Rewards card.  Especially if you have other Visa Signature cards.

I must of missed it since I been trying to be good and gardening Smiley Happy The rewards card I have is a Visa Signature, but it doesnt say it on the card. I wish it did thou

Message 5 of 10
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot chnceit. Which credit bureau did they use? I just edited, I see they use EQ.

Message 6 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Slab wrote:

Thanks a lot chnceit. Which credit bureau did they use? I just edited, I see they use EQ.

Anytime! Yes they are EQ puller for membership and credit products. They also pull ChexSystem for checking and savings.

Message 7 of 10
Slab
Frequent Contributor

I joined PenFed a couple of weeks ago but I don't see a credit pull on my FICO EQ. I didn't apply for a card so, might they have used a soft pull for membership?

Message 8 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Slab wrote:

I joined PenFed a couple of weeks ago but I don't see a credit pull on my FICO EQ. I didn't apply for a card so, might they have used a soft pull for membership?

Hmm... Yeah sorry I applied for my checking account and CC at the same time and this is what is said on the board.

Message 9 of 10
toppers555
Established Contributor

Penfed won't touch me due to my student loans  balance.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.