Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed loosening up a bit?

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

PenFed loosening up a bit?

Seems like Penfed is loosening up a bit and becoming more competitive with approvals. I just heard from a couple friends on loan approvals and card approvals and the were not in "perfect land" by any means. Makes me want to call them up...anybody experienced this personally?

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed loosening up a bit?

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

Seems like Penfed is loosening up a bit and becoming more competitive with approvals. I just heard from a couple friends on loan approvals and card approvals and the were not in "perfect land" by any means. Makes me want to call them up...anybody experienced this personally?

Interesting.  I know Penfed has been innundating me with advertising recently, which typically lenders do when they're looking to put money in the field, but I know my pig ain't anywhere close to pretty enough yet for them.

On a similar note, saw a NFCU TV ad during one of the games I was watching at work this past Sunday, nearly fell off my chair in surprise from recognizing them from this forum.  None of my co-workers had heard of them though.  It certainly was eyecatching

        
Message 2 of 4
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

thats what i was thinking! I'm like Penfed is filling up my inbox touting "all the benefits" of being a cardholder, i also got the amex email another "look at the benefits" and a bunch of other stuff. Kinda strange. then I spoke to a couple folks who got approved by them-carloan and credit card. I was like how in the cauliflower did Penfed approve YOU lol??? I am so very tempted since i know it would be a soft pull since they only pull once every 90 days and I have one less than that....ohhh the temptation!!!!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 3 of 4
namvet
Established Contributor

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

thats what i was thinking! I'm like Penfed is filling up my inbox touting "all the benefits" of being a cardholder, i also got the amex email another "look at the benefits" and a bunch of other stuff. Kinda strange. then I spoke to a couple folks who got approved by them-carloan and credit card. I was like how in the cauliflower did Penfed approve YOU lol??? I am so very tempted since i know it would be a soft pull since they only pull once every 90 days and I have one less than that....ohhh the temptation!!!!

Take a look at your EQ report before you apply with PenFed.  They don't like too many inquiries. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.