Regular Contributor
Zar

PenFed pre-approved card

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody!

I checked this morning my PenFed CU online account and found under "My Offers" box a credit card that is also mentioned on my September statement as "Approved". I don't have any cards with PenFed, I just have a Regular Share account with just $5 in it (I've been a PenFed member since 2009 and had no offers before). The PenFed offer is for a Promise credit card but with a very low limit ($500). I have several cards with much higher CL (AmEx, CitiBank, BofA, Chase). Do you think I would really benefit from adding this card to my portfolio?

I have a few more questions... If I accept this offer and get the card,will they make a hard pull for this kind of offers? How is PenFed with credit lines increases? Do thay make autoicreases or we have to ask? Do they make product changes (from one card to another kind) if I request it.

Thanks for your help!

Zar :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
djrez4

Re: PenFed pre-approved card

Where does this "My Offers" box usually pop up?  I'm assuming it's easy to find and that Penfed hasn't deemed me responsible enough for a credit card yet.

Regular Contributor
Zar

Re: PenFed pre-approved card

It's on the right side of my online account inside a square.

Could anyone answer at least one of my questions, please. :smileyhappy:

Zar :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}