Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed preapprovals

tag
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed preapprovals

@Tommy5746 wrote:

I thought PenFed was easy to get a Credit Card with??

That is funny. PenFed has been by far the most difficult CC we have EVER applied for. Very conservative. With pension, SS and self employment income, they required every financial statement known to man. Took forever to get approved. Well worth the hassle though. Great card, great company. Started with $5K CL. Auto CLI a couple months ago to $6K after 20 statements.

Citi Plat Select World MC $12K- Chase Freedom Visa $11K- Amex BCP $6K- PenFed Plat Cash Rewards Visa $6K- Lowes $10K- Care Credit $5K- Home Depot $2K.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 21 of 44
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

They may be closed when I get off work at 5:30 EDT, but if not, I'll call.  I feel like I have a better shot at approval speaking to the rep.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 44
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Wow, never mind.  They close at 11pm.  I wonder if the LOs are there that late, or just customer service.  That's their loan app line, so I'd guess LOs are there.

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:

Wow, never mind.  They close at 11pm.  I wonder if the LOs are there that late, or just customer service.  That's their loan app line, so I'd guess LOs are there.

LOs are there 7 days a week.  I got approved on a Sunday after a recon.  Would you believe I had to ask for a recon when my EQ score was 792 and $0 credit debt?  But later they approved me for an $18k LOC.

Message 24 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Penfed one of most conservative lenders. But they have some great products. And are generous once you build history with them.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 25 of 44
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Penfed one of most conservative lenders. But they have some great products. And are generous once you build history with them.

I have 4 years of history with them!  I haven't touched that initial $5 investment into my savings account, and I've accrued $0.06 in interest! Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

I have 4 years of history with them!  I haven't touched that initial $5 investment into my savings account, and I've accrued $0.06 in interest! Smiley Tongue

Good luck!  To lessen the pain if the application is declined, they will say "turn down" rather than "denied".  LOL

Message 27 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

One other thing, PenFed doesn't like "credit pyramiding."  So make sure you apply to them before anyone else and you have few/no inquiries.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:

I noticed PenFed has redone their website.  Does anybody know if they still do preapprovals the same way?

I've never seen a preapproval so, I would not recognize it if I saw it on their website.  HOWEVER, my husband has been receiving LOTS and LOTS of e-mails from them to apply for car loans and credit cards.  Nothing is said in the e-mails about a "preapproval" of any kind.  There's just a HUGE number of e-mails week after week.  Maybe instead of preapprovals, this is their new thing. 

Message 29 of 44
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

One other thing, PenFed doesn't like "credit pyramiding."  So make sure you apply to them before anyone else and you have few/no inquiries.

As stated prior, I have no accounts or inquiries in the past 2 years.

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.