Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed requirements

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed requirements

@B335is wrote:
Penfed is pretty conservative. I wouldn't apply unless you have a clean report. You need to formally join before applying for a card. They will HP you for membership but the good news is they usually reuse that pull for up to 90 days.

I have the Cash Rewards and Promise cards. I have to claim ignorance though as I've never tried to redeem my rewards yet, im sure others will chime in.

I 'm not familiar with any claims either, and I opened up a shared account with $5 credit card deposit few days ago.

And yes they did pull EQ for me as well for a membership. I applied for Promise Visa and it was finalized yesterday.

Unfortunately, I was approved for only 1500 with 16.9% max APR. Little bummed about it but I'm in....

On a side note, NASA approved me for 8KSmiley Wink (EX pull).

BTW, I did not have to pay for the membership, I just chose "Military Family something" under pull down menu and had no issues.

Hope that helps,

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are good, similar to mine when I joined. You should try. I have a pretty thin file however, i grabbed a few CCs and a secured loan last year and then gardened for a year before applying PF. I was approved for a Membership and tried the Promise card approved for 2k. I have an amex over 20k, so to put it in perspective they are extremely conservative. I'm pretty humble already though especially with credit because we all have our dark credit pasts, I was just happy to get in you know. I really want to build a great relationship with them.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bk510 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Penfed is pretty conservative. I wouldn't apply unless you have a clean report. You need to formally join before applying for a card. They will HP you for membership but the good news is they usually reuse that pull for up to 90 days.

I have the Cash Rewards and Promise cards. I have to claim ignorance though as I've never tried to redeem my rewards yet, im sure others will chime in.

I 'm not familiar with any claims either, and I opened up a shared account with $5 credit card deposit few days ago.

And yes they did pull EQ for me as well for a membership. I applied for Promise Visa and it was finalized yesterday.

Unfortunately, I was approved for only 1500 with 16.9% max APR. Little bummed about it but I'm in....

BTW, I did not have to pay for the membership, I just chose "Military Family something" under pull down menu and had no issues.

Hope that helps,

Are you a military family something? I do not havy any connections with them. Also, how many of you have been asked for prove of income?

If I am at less than $40k, will I fit their minimum limit of $5k for the PPRV?

Message 23 of 25
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bk510 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Hope that helps,

Are you a military family something? I do not havy any connections with them. Also, how many of you have been asked for prove of income?

If I am at less than $40k, will I fit their minimum limit of $5k for the PPRV?

No I am not from a military family.....You can join PenFed through a donation, but I didnt have to do that when I applied.

I simply chose military family something under the pull down menu and the system just allowed me to continue with the membership.

And after membership was approved I deposited 5 dollars with my C.C. and soon after apped for Promise Visa and was approved.

No document was needed for my CC app.

As far as fitting 5k minium for their Reward Visa.....its YMMV. Depending on your profile I suppose.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gotcha. Thanks, and congrats!
I'll see what limit I get, though I thought the signature had a minimun credit line.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.