Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed soliciting me to apply for CC CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed soliciting me to apply for CC CLI

This month I've spoken with a CSR 2 times and each time they now ask me if I "am interested in applying for an increase in my CC CL."  I've never had PenFed ask me to apply for or request a CLI previously.

They didn't offer any auto-CLI nor have any pre-approve offers appeared online yet.  BUT....in my first 6 months of membership I have never had them ask me if I would like to seek an increase at any time.  So I guess I'm aged just enough that I'm eligible to apply for CLI Smiley Wink

Anyway...I told them no thanks each time....not interested in hard pull or hard review at this time.

Message Edited by txjohn on 10-26-2009 02:07 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DI
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed soliciting me to apply for CC CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

This month I've spoken with a CSR 2 times and each time they now ask me if I "am interested in applying for an increase in my CC CL."  I've never had PenFed ask me to apply for or request a CLI previously.

They didn't offer any auto-CLI nor have any pre-approve offers appeared online yet.  BUT....in my first 6 months of membership I have never had them ask me if I would like to seek an increase at any time.  So I guess I'm aged just enough that I'm eligible to apply for CLI Smiley Wink

Anyway...I told them no thanks each time....not interested in hard pull or hard review at this time.

Message Edited by txjohn on 10-26-2009 02:07 PM

Maybe I need to call about something to see if they're going to offer me a CLI.  I'll  say yes before they can even get the words out good.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case it would be a hard inquiry....plus I have a lot of new accounts and PenFed HATES, HATES, HATES (did I mention hates) that....referring to it as "pyramiding debt" usually.

I figure I won't be apply for anything new with PenFed for at least 6 more months and more likely a year or more.  I doubt I would even attempt to accept one of the "OFFERS" anytime soon since I have read where some members found that after receiving and offer and accepting it...they were after the acceptance declined.

Message 3 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

I have a lot of new accounts too. I need to sit tight until July 2011 to get my AAoA back to 4 years from the 2.5.  I hate to check to see what my FICO scores look like.
Message 4 of 10
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They didn't offer any auto-CLI nor have any pre-approve offers appeared online yet.  BUT....in my first 6 months of membership I have never

That is interesting.  For a few months they have been telling new members that they had to wait 12 months for a CLI.  Sounds like they are starting to loosen up a little.

Or maybe that is part of some new script that they have and if you told them to check and see if you could get a CLI they would come back with "oh sorry you are not elligible because you have not had your card for 12 months."   Kinda doubt that though because they should have on their screen when you opened your account.  So I am guessing that "wait 12 months for an increase" policy has changed.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know....I am just now coming up on 7 months in a couple days...so I'm well under 12 months even when rounding up Smiley Happy

I wasn't aware of a hard and fast rule on how long for CLI.....and I never bothered to check into it since I won't be asking for one any time in the near future.

I would be interested now to know if anyone else less than 12 months is getting any type of solicitation to "apply" for CLI and if any have had success in doing so.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied to refi my truck back in April, I was also approved for a 2,500 CLI by their system at the same time, that was right at my six-month mark,

I know that's not exactly what you asked as I was applying for another credit product from them rather than an unsolicited CLI,

Message 7 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

txjohn wrote:

I don't know....I am just now coming up on 7 months in a couple days...so I'm well under 12 months even when rounding up Smiley Happy

I wasn't aware of a hard and fast rule on how long for CLI.....and I never bothered to check into it since I won't be asking for one any time in the near future.

I would be interested now to know if anyone else less than 12 months is getting any type of solicitation to "apply" for CLI and if any have had success in doing so.

I app'ed for and was approved for a 100% CLI within two weeks of my original application.

If you've got the goods there is no time factor, although I have heard they may be enforcing a one CLI per year limit these days.

In your case txjohn, I would not be app'ing for a CLI - maybe ever. I think I would wait until they made you a pre-approved offer (acceptance of which did not involve a hard INQ in my case) and cross my fingers when you accept it. I wouldn't waste a hard with your CBR.  :smileywink:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

txjohn wrote:

I app'ed for and was approved for a 100% CLI within two weeks of my original application.

If you've got the goods there is no time factor, although I have heard they may be enforcing a one CLI per year limit these days.

In your case txjohn, I would not be app'ing for a CLI - maybe ever. I think I would wait until they made you a pre-approved offer (acceptance of which did not involve a hard INQ in my case) and cross my fingers when you accept it. I wouldn't waste a hard with your CBR.  :smileywink:

Hogan's Hero:  Sgt Schulz:  "I app not'ing....I app not'ing!"

I'm out of the app game.  I ended up with 5 more accounts than I ever anticipated or actually wanted....but they ended up being PSECU Visa & PSL combo plus USAA Amex & MC and Chase Health Advance.  I am very happy with what I have.  So far my only AA was Chase Freedom Plus CLD (form WAMU) from $3.5k to $1k.  But in light of the fact that many were CLOSED by Chase, I wasn't at all upset or even surprised by it.  I use it for auto-pay on utilities, satellite tv, cell phones and home telephone for the 3% then I hold it till $200 rewards to get the $50 bonus making the reward 3.75%.

Message 9 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

2009 was very, very good to you, tj! Nice job!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.