Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed tossing offers again!

tag
tiger67
Regular Contributor

PenFed tossing offers again!

Logged in yesterday and found multiple "You're Approved" offers on my account main page. Today I accepted the $25,000 LOC. The last two days have been good. GEMB Lowes $3900 CLI yesterday, AmEx Blue $4000 CLI today, and now PenFed!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed tossing offers again!

How do you become a member? I am in Oklahoma

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jeffery581 wrote:

How do you become a member? I am in Oklahoma

Here is their website that tells all.  http://www.penfed.org/promo/2009Offers/index.asp?adcode=308&cmpid=search-google-general-308-CRGB1y

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Any chance you wanna sponsor me to become a member? ;-)

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 15
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Ohhhh I kept hearing about pen fed and when I read the requirements i thought, how does everyone get it. Makes sense now.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So which one is the best?   NFCU  or  PenFed?  if you just look at their CCs.

I read so many good things and bad things about them.   I guess I have to become a member first, then wait until next April or so ... Because I have two inq on EX will fall off one in Feb and one in Mar.   Also one inq on EQ and it will fall off in Apr 11'.

PenFed Visa Platinum Cashback Rewards

13.99% APR -- lower than most rewards cards!   

...  Lower than my Amex, Discover, and Chase, but higher than my Citi and one of Chase, and NFCU.

• Earn 2.00% cash back on supermarket purchases*    

...  I can use my Citi Driver's Edge with 3% and Discover More 5% Bonus time on this category.

• Earn 5.00% cash back from gas purchases paid at the pump*  

...  This is Better, waaaay better than NFCU nRewrds / CashRewards.  If the 5% cash back is always, sure, I want one. 

• Earn 1.00% cash back from all purchases** you make with the card during each billing cycle   ... this is basic.
  • Up to $50,000 limit
  • No Annual Fee

• Cash Rewards credited each month  

...  Is this automatically?  If you charge $100/mo you only need to pay $100 - Cash Rewards by due date?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a minutes ... their web site said minimum $5 to join.  

Do I have to open the checking acct with them too?

NFCU has better checking acct service.

Regular Share Savings Account

You can join the credit union with a $5 minimum deposit to your Regular Share account. This is not a fee; this small deposit becomes your "share" of the credit union and entitles you to all the benefits of membership.

Your Regular Share account earns dividends on the entire account balance from the day of deposit to the day of withdrawal, credited and compounded monthly. Join now to open your account! (Adobe PDF version also available)

You can transfer funds to and from this account using our free automatic transfer service, Telephone Teller, the mail, our online services, or an ATM (certain transfer limitations apply).

Checking

Get full-service checking and worldwide access to your account without excessive fees many banks charge.

All the services you expect:

• Free 24-hour online banking (see Online Banking for details)
  • Free ATM/Visa Check Card
  • Free Bill Pay service for more than 4,000 major billers (utilities, credit cards, mortgage lenders, etc.). You can even set up repeating payments so you don't have to remember every month.
  • No monthly service fee with a minimum daily balance of $500.00 or Direct Deposit of net pay (minimum $500 monthly), otherwise, a $10 monthly service charge applies.
  • Free standard checks (one box per order; $5.00 shipping and handling after first order)
  • No per-check fees
  • Secure online check re-ordering (see Online Banking for details)

With the extras you might not expect:

• Deposit checks online with "Deposit Anywhere" Home Deposit Service (to qualified members)* (see Online Banking for details)
  • Automatic $500 line of overdraft protection (to qualified members)
  • Free E-Mail Statement Notification (see Online Banking for details)
  • No holds placed on check deposits of $3,000 or less to your checking account (to qualified members)
  • Unlimited, free Pentagon Federal Credit Union ATM and point-of-sale (POS) transactions
  • Unlimited non-Pentagon Federal Credit Union ATM transactions with no fee*
  • Add Premium BillPay online bill payment service for only $5 per month (see Online Banking for details)
  • Add flair to your checks with these check styles from Harland, starting at $9.00 per order.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone can join PenFed.  Not anyone can join Navy.  Both are excellant  PenFed is very conservativeBe ready for multiple EQ pulls.

Message 8 of 15
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Both Navy and Penfed are great.

Everyone can join Penfed. 

Navy has limited membership.

Navy is more generous to those with less than perfect credit.

Penfed has a great visa cash back credit card.  Cash is automatically credited to your account every month.

Penfed has great low rate car loans that they offer to most (since the car secures it).

Join both if you are eligible. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had a list of pre-approved offers show up recently.  I accepted the new Promise Visa at $20,000 ... my current highest card limit is $7K, so this was a huge suprise to say the least!  I also have an auto loan and personal loan with Penfed.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.