Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed waving offers around again

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed waving offers around again

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
In the spirit of what the hey, why not, I accepted the offer for the personal line of credit. Even though I had a CSR on the phone, telephonically holding my hand, I accepted online. And it really was pre-approved, and there wasn't any fussing or recalculation of the APR or CL, and there is no credit pull --per the CSR, if these things show up, they're waiting for you to take them, no credit pull. (I think they soft me every three months or so.) Clicked a few buttons, updated my contact and financial info online, and done. Loan docs go in the mail tomorrow.

These things really do look like pre-approvals to me. But you can only accept one. By the time I was done clicking and went back to the main menu, the link for pre-approvals was gone. Dang, there goes my used travel trailer for another year.

Anyway, that seems to be how these things work.

This is great to know. Thanks for being a brave soul and guinea-pigging this for all of us. Invaluable info as well you posted in the other thread. PenFed is great. I am still not looking over my shoulder (too much) when it comes to dealing with them.

Double dipping on their pre-app's would be just too good for words...

Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

In the spirit of what the hey, why not, I accepted the offer for the personal line of credit.

There goes your AAoA. But what the hey, why not.

Message 22 of 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

hobojon wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

In the spirit of what the hey, why not, I accepted the offer for the personal line of credit.

There goes your AAoA. But what the hey, why not.

As you say. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy 1st birthday to my new accounts!!!

Done credit hunting; time for credit gardening

Ta-da! Pretty much back where I started

Message 24 of 47
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Just a friendly reminder to keep posts friendly, supportive and respectful, please.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 25 of 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

hobojon wrote:

Happy 1st birthday to my new accounts!!!

Done credit hunting; time for credit gardening

Ta-da! Pretty much back where I started

* chuckles *
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Offers are back as of this morning --same ones on the copy/ pasted list on post one, other than the line of credit (which I still have, but have never used, btw.) Not quite six months since the last set of offers.

Following the wisdom of a Member Who Is No Longer Here, I won't be accepting any of these offers this time around. Smiley Wink
Message 27 of 47
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You're not going for the $25K overdraft account?

I just checked and they must have run some kind of an update last night. The pre-app offers (secured credit only) that remained after I accepted their CLI/additional card offer have disappeared. Her Ladyship's remaining offers after her partial acceptance of the CLI offer also disappeared. She has had offers continuously ever since she became a member. They may have cleared out all offers for those who have accepted something in the last six months. It will be interesting to see what comes back and when.

Message 28 of 47
score_building
Senior Contributor

is it possible to qualify for loan preapprovals as a pen fed member w/o any existing loan products?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 29 of 47
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

is it possible to qualify for loan preapprovals as a pen fed member w/o any existing loan products?

I thought they gave some folks pre-app offers at time of membership so I would have to say yes.

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.