Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed waving offers around again

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed waving offers around again

Somehow I don't think it is a coincidence that offers appeared/disappeared overnight. It is 01OCT - the first day of the fourth quarter.
Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Offers are back as of this morning --same ones on the copy/ pasted list on post one, other than the line of credit (which I still have, but have never used, btw.) Not quite six months since the last set of offers.

Following the wisdom of a Member Who Is No Longer Here, I won't be accepting any of these offers this time around. Smiley Wink

You know, I have to agree. It is probably more satisfying to NOT TAKE AN OFFER or SEEK A CLI. That means that I don't need them at all. I would much rather have them coming to me then me ever needing to solicit them.

Message 32 of 47
pattycake
Established Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Somehow I don't think it is a coincidence that offers appeared/disappeared overnight. It is 01OCT - the first day of the fourth quarter.

I concur.  Mine disappeared this morning. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 33 of 47
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sadly still nothing but the cell phone thingee for moi.
Message 34 of 47
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

You're not going for the 25K overdraft account?

I don't bank with them. Nothing to overdraft on.

It will be interesting to see when and if they ever pop up a pre-approved second card. It would be handy to have one ready the next time the 2.99% for life offer pops up. I'd hate to tie up my best rewards card on a BT.

Not that I have a balance to transfer, but still...

smallfry wrote:

Sadly still nothing but the cell phone thingee for moi.

Something about this post has me hiccuping with laughter. Smiley Very Happy Sorry, I hope they warm up for you soon!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 47
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I still can't figure out what you do with a $25K OD account. I didn't even want the baby one they forced to me way back when. When you have to carry a $500 balance to keep a checking account that you don't really write any checks on free you don't need any further buffer.
Message 36 of 47
tiger67
Regular Contributor

My $35,000 auto loan preapproval disappeared this morning as well.
Message 37 of 47
ZoomZoom22
Valued Member

Hauling:

I have the exact same offers on Penfed site after reading your email with the exception of 50K on the new and used cars.

I do have a question too... The personal line of credit, once executed, how does this show up on the CR?  As revolving or installment or other?

I have no "other" so maybe that would be good for mix (maybe not), revolving would be fine (util help) and nice to have that line open if needed, and installment would be the worse (for me) of the 3 (already have a car loan in installment) but still not bad idea to have it open.

Wondering if you know how it will "post" to your CReport?

Message 38 of 47
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

A personal line of credit should report as revolving. (Which is what it is.)

A personal loan should report as installment. (Which is what it is.)

Message 39 of 47
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I think Penfed reports your OD on your CR.

If the OD account balance is zero, wouldn't that be a positive, over time, for your FICO score? 

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.