Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed

Wll after reading on here I decided to apply for membership to PenFed , I was accepted since being retired Army, my question is this, in order to recieve a CC from them what are they looking for ?
My Scores are EX 681 7/4/08      EQ 669 7/4/08       TU 684 7/4/08      TU 665 7/15/08
As I said in past message, I paid off 2 installment loans but I took out a 10k loan day later.

My EX has a Paid State Tax Lien appearing on it till 4/09  3-4 CC in good standing
My EQ has a Repo (that reappeared and was re-aged) till 10/08  3 CC in good standing
TU has one small medical collection and about 6-7 good accounts

My credit cards are 4500. w/ 0 balance    2000. w/0 balance  500 w/0 balance

what ARE MY CHANCES TO GET THEIR  CC ??

Message Edited by MT_Bowhunter on 07-16-2008 04:07 PM

Message Edited by MT_Bowhunter on 07-16-2008 04:09 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed

Man you should wait a few more months until that car repo drops off your report. They will pull Equifax. I think with your score they will give you a card if you have decent income. Not nosy so I won't ask. Wait for sure until the EQ is clean. Since you don't have a lot of available credit you should be fine.

Message Edited by smallfry on 07-16-2008 07:15 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have a decent income, 75k year now, I sold my Kenworth so lost the 150k yr.

But the good side , I'm home more Smiley Very Happy

The DW makes about 50k to 60k

The repo was my Ex Wife but somehow got put on me, even though I never signed, it was removed in October last year but then reappeared with a new DOLA of 10/01 (instead of 10/00)

Message Edited by MT_Bowhunter on 07-16-2008 04:25 PM

Message Edited by MT_Bowhunter on 07-16-2008 04:26 PM
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I have a decent income, 75k year now, I sold my Kenworth so lost the 150k yr.
But the good side , I'm home more Smiley Very Happy
The DW makes about 50k to 60k
The repo was my Ex Wife but somehow got put on me, even though I never signed, it was removed in October last year but then reappeared with a new DOLA of 10/01 (instead of 10/00)

Message Edited by MT_Bowhunter on 07-16-2008 04:25 PM

Message Edited by MT_Bowhunter on 07-16-2008 04:26 PM

Tough luck on the diesel. I know a few guys who had to sell their rigs. Smiley Sad You could probably try disputing the repo as not mine since it ain't yours. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you let negatives age off instead of disputing them near the drop off date that they are still visible on the back end of your reports.
You should be fine with the card after the report is clean. Don't be bashful about asking for a nice healthy credit limit. They will counter offer if they think you are asking for too much. I would go for 20K maybe more.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I've disputed it as not mine in 2007, was close to when it was to fall off, (DOLA was 11/00 ) it was removed but then in March of this year it was re inserted and the DOLA changed to 11/01. I disputed it again in April (thank goodness it wasn't showing when I did my home mortgage financing in May.) and this time they say "Verified " and added it back with 90+ days late in Feb, March and April of 2006.
the **bleep** thing was repo from EX Wife in Dec 2000. how can it be late in 2006 ? I'm just letting it fall off now cause it took my EQ score down from 736 to 669 when they re-inserted.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

since you're retired military join navy federal credit union right now. eq puller and give astoundingly high limits even if you've had hiccups in your past.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.