Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed ??

tag
creditchief
Regular Contributor

PenFed ??

Could someone tell me a few things about PenFed? I logged back on to their site and now my status says transferred and also an approval for a car loan for 35,000 has come up near the random offers at the top,is this normal and is this a real offer? Thanks for any help on this subject( I have never had a ccc offer so good of their products like this if this is legit)

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed ??

Transferred means it was sent out to get printed and mailed to you.  Basically, it means you're good to go.

The car loan you're seeing is not a true pre-approval.  This is what their true pre-approved offers look like:

penfed offers.jpg

Message 2 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I hope you don't mind my posting under your thread. I saw your subject line and since I am considering applying for a Pen Fed CC was curious about the posts here. I'd really appreciate heaing about other's experiences getting approved for a CC with them. How stringent are their standards? My EQ FICO is about 670 with one 6-yr old collection. Do I have a chance? I'd hate to get dinged w/an inq only to be declined.

Thanks!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 9
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I hope you don't mind my posting under your thread. I saw your subject line and since I am considering applying for a Pen Fed CC was curious about the posts here. I'd really appreciate heaing about other's experiences getting approved for a CC with them. How stringent are their standards? My EQ FICO is about 670 with one 6-yr old collection. Do I have a chance? I'd hate to get dinged w/an inq only to be declined.

Thanks!

I think you do not have a chance with PenFed right now.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Hmmm. That's what I was afraid of. Have heard of so many people on the forum getting approved with them that I was hopeful.

Thank you.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 9
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Thanks shadow2k for the reply and info, and yes that is what mine looks like, sorry if I didn't explain it better. (You're Approved then it says vehicle loan but thats all other than the opt. out of offers)when I clicked on it it said 35,000.

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditchief wrote:

Thanks shadow2k for the reply and info, and yes that is what mine looks like, sorry if I didn't explain it better. (You're Approved then it says vehicle loan but thats all other than the opt. out of offers)when I clicked on it it said 35,000.

If you've got the gold box...you're basically golden to take whatever they're offering you.  Those are *normally* already approved and don't even require a hard pull...normally.  Of course...I've never seen the magical gold box, so I don't know the exact process.  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditchief wrote:

If you've got the gold box...you're basically golden to take whatever they're offering you.  Those are *normally* already approved and don't even require a hard pull...normally.  Of course...I've never seen the magical gold box, so I don't know the exact process.  Smiley Sad

I got the gold box last year and for me the approval was good to go (no hard pull). My Visa rewards went from 17k to 32k. Needless to say I was ecstatic!

Message 8 of 9
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

The gold box has always been....errr...golden for me.  No hard pulls and instantly approved every time.  I wish more CUs had it!  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.