Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

PenFed

Just joined PenFed and made a deposit.

I am looking to app for one of their CC.

Which card is easier to get?

Penfed Amex or Penfed Promise CC?

Or should I wait 6 months after opening an account with them to app?

Any infor would be helpful...what are the expected Fico score to get approve?

Thanks in advance.......

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed

@tntexans72 wrote:

Just joined PenFed and made a deposit.

I am looking to app for one of their CC.

Which card is easier to get?

Penfed Amex or Penfed Promise CC?

Or should I wait 6 months after opening an account with them to app?

Any infor would be helpful...what are the expected Fico score to get approve?

Thanks in advance.......

I don't think their criteria really vary from card to card... I would say app now as they use the same inquiry they pulled for membership. Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I am really liking the PenFed Amex offer.

No Foreign transaction fee - looking for a card to use when I am abroad (Europe).

20,000 points

No AF

Only 4.99% on lifetime of balance transfer, transfer fee waived.

5x points on airfairs purchases

Wish I saw this before apping for the Amex SPG card....much, much better deal.

Message 3 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I don't think their criteria really vary from card to card... I would say app now as they use the same inquiry they pulled for membership. Good luck!

I opened an account 1 wk ago and checked my CR today. I didn't get a hard pull on any report.????

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

just wait a bit.. I opened a share account with them last month, and I have an inquiry now from "Pentagon" on my CR.  Guess I'm commited now.

Message 5 of 8
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Yes it can take a few days for the INQ to show up, but it will.

Their Amex is a very good looking card! We have their Visa and use it for gas only right now. You cannot beat that 5% statement credit!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I am really excited. Reading myfico got me to enrolled into Penfed. So many great stories with Penfed. Unfortunately, I am in Texas, so everything I will do have to be online.

I am getting ready to setup a transfer account with them where I will be moving $$$ into Penfed sharing account the next 6 months. Eventually down the road, I will app for the Penfed Amex. I am going to hold off now.

But what I would like to do is obtain a future car loan with them 1st and maybe a mortgage in 2 yrs. I think once I get those 2 priorities out of the way, I should start seeing pre-approve offers for their CC.

Good plan???

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tntexans72 wrote:

Yeah, I am really excited. Reading myfico got me to enrolled into Penfed. So many great stories with Penfed. Unfortunately, I am in Texas, so everything I will do have to be online.

I am getting ready to setup a transfer account with them where I will be moving $$$ into Penfed sharing account the next 6 months. Eventually down the road, I will app for the Penfed Amex. I am going to hold off now.

But what I would like to do is obtain a future car loan with them 1st and maybe a mortgage in 2 yrs. I think once I get those 2 priorities out of the way, I should start seeing pre-approve offers for their CC.

Good plan???

They have a Ft. Hood location that I use when I'm stationed there. Their also building 3 more, 1 at Ft. Bliss, Ft. Sam Houston, and Dyess Afb.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.