Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penair Secured MC

tag
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Penair Secured MC

I've been reading the boards here for a while, working on my credit, and wanted to share my experience with PenAir FCU.  I currently have multiple collections due to being released from the military on a medical discharge and not being able to find a new job for a while.  My first step to rebuilding my credit was to get a secured CC from Penair.  Great experience with the member services rep, I opened an account there and a few weeks later asked them about a secured CC.  They used the report they pulled to open my account to avoid another HP because it was less than 30 days old and instantly approved me for the card, no fees, and a ~17% interest rate.  I also inquired about refinancing my car, and they informed me that they could do so once I paid the balance down a bit.  Very good customer service and a card with decent terms (IMO) for someone with serious credit issues.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Penair Secured MC

Welcome aboard! Best of luck to you.

Message 2 of 3
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Re: Penair Secured MC

Just an update on this, I meant to post earlier.  Although I was approved at 17%, the actual APR when I received the card was 12.9%.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.