Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Charges: Should I be concerned?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pending Charges: Should I be concerned?

Hello Folks,

I've been thinking over this for about a week now. Last week, I noticed a couple of small pending charges on my Chase card. Two, from YopMail.com, were a credit and debit of $1 exactly. The other, was for something along the lines of Kalinchita.com for about 91 cents. Obviously, I have no knowledge of either of those sites, and none of the charges wound up getting confirmed.

I know that in many cases, scammers will test the water with small transactions such as these before hitting with a big one. Should I be concerned about these? If so, what should I do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: Pending Charges: Should I be concerned?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Folks,

I've been thinking over this for about a week now. Last week, I noticed a couple of small pending charges on my Chase card. Two, from YopMail.com, were a credit and debit of $1 exactly. The other, was for something along the lines of Kalinchita.com for about 91 cents. Obviously, I have no knowledge of either of those sites, and none of the charges wound up getting confirmed.

I know that in many cases, scammers will test the water with small transactions such as these before hitting with a big one. Should I be concerned about these? If so, what should I do?

Thanks.

Absolutely !

The same happened to me on my US Bank Cash Rewards card, but I check my accounts all throughout the day (I've done it since I discovered unauthorized charges some clown did in Missouri for an Onstar purchase a few years ago). Contact Chase NOW & let them know you do not know those charges.

SisterGirl
Message 2 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1

chase usually notifies you of that type of thing. check your secure messaging center. if there is nothing there call em up and get a new card #
Message 3 of 4
mssher
New Contributor

Close your card immediately.  Definitely a test authorization to see if the card is valid. 

USAA AmEx 17,000 | USAA Visa 14,500 | BOA Visa 10,000 | BOA World MC 10,000 | Fifth Third 9,000 | Discover IT 13,500 | Barclay Apple Rewards 6,440 | AMEX BCE 6,000 | Citi DC 6,3000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 5,000 | PenFed Visa Sig 5,000 | Alliant Visa 5,000 | Citi Sears 5,000 | State Farm Visa Sig 5,000 | CapOne QS 5,250 | Firestone 2,200 | Kohls 2,000 |
FICO 8: EX 782 - EQ 794 - TU 796 *** Goal: Decrease Number of Cards to 12 + store cards ***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.