tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Penfed 50k Max Question...

I have the following loans/credit with Penfed

Auto Loan for 25k

Credit Card for 5k

Checking line 500.00

I have read on here that the max they loan in credit is 50k per person.

Do they take into account my auto loan into that 50k or no because it is backed by my car and not unsecured credit ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed 50k Max Question...

@Andy77 wrote:

Auto Loan for 25k

Credit Card for 5k

Checking line 500.00

Do they take into account my auto loan into that 50k or no because it is backed by my car and not unsecured credit ?

Have read about that figure also, but I have $39K CC and $29K auto loan, so pretty sure only unsecured credit counts.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 5
ZoomZoom22
Valued Member

I have 6 figures with them across (4) things, LOC, CC, Auto Loan(2)

I think the $50k is on a single credit card only which is interesting because I have a $50k limit on my Penfed card but a CLI button is present to increase my limit.  I keep meaning to call them to see if it can go higher but haven't yet.  My guess is they may allow this now as I have never had that available in the 2 years with the $50k CL.

Message 3 of 5
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@ZoomZoom22 wrote:

I have 6 figures with them across (4) things, LOC, CC, Auto Loan(2)

I think the $50k is on a single credit card only which is interesting because I have a $50k limit on my Penfed card but a CLI button is present to increase my limit.  I keep meaning to call them to see if it can go higher but haven't yet.  My guess is they may allow this now as I have never had that available in the 2 years with the $50k CL.

I talked to them yesterday regarding applying for the PFCU Defender AMEX CC and was told since I have $39k on my CashRewards CC they could only grant an $11k CL (if approved).  I could adjust the CLs between the 2, but could not exceed $50k total.  In the end didn't need to apply.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Auto Loan for 25k

Credit Card for 5k

Checking line 500.00

The 50k is for unsecured debt ( credit cards / line of credit )

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.