Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Auto CLI's @ 1 Year Mark...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Penfed Auto CLI's @ 1 Year Mark...

How good is penfed about giving auto CLI's at the one year mark?  I have their rewards Amex with 5k limit, PIF every month, largest total payments I made in one billing cycle, before statement cut, was 3500.00 and that month closed with a 25.00 balance (because there was an authoization I did not know about and you can't see them on their site)

Here is a little bit of history....in Feb of 2015 I will have a 5 yr old bk, everything paid on time since then.

Do you think the BK will prohibit them from giving me the "auto" CLI ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Penfed Auto CLI's @ 1 Year Mark...

I've had my cards for about 15 months, no auto-CLI, though to be fair, haven't used them much recently.

Message 2 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Will have had my card for 3 years this summer and no CLI (auto or request).

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 8
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

My wife got her first and only auto $1K CLI at 26 months. 

She did get the same preapproval that Ron got but the system wouldn't allow me to increase the CL on her Platinum Rewards cards. We don't need another card. 

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 4 of 8
user5387
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

How good is penfed about giving auto CLI's at the one year mark?  I have their rewards Amex with 5k limit, PIF every month, largest total payments I made in one billing cycle, before statement cut, was 3500.00 and that month closed with a 25.00 balance (because there was an authoization I did not know about and you can't see them on their site)

Here is a little bit of history....in Feb of 2015 I will have a 5 yr old bk, everything paid on time since then.

I wouldn't assume you'll get an auto CLI.

If you really want a CLI, and your scores and reports are in order, then I'd take the EQ hard and see what happens.

Message 5 of 8
NoLimits79

I don't think Penfed gives out auto CLI's (of if they do very rarely).  Pretty much a hard pull or you wait to see if you get special pre-approval offers every quarter for a CLI without the need for hard pull.

Message 6 of 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I  had my card 3 years this coming July and no Auto-luv !!! I did get a HP CLI at 14 months . But some people do get them ( NOT ME )

PS: i called them the other day to get the CMV Chip and they ask me if i wanted a CLI but it was going to be a HP and i said " NO Thanks"

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 8
Jlu
Established Contributor

This is from my other thread. I guess from what I hear UW will decrease the initial pending CL ..but here's to hoping Smiley Happypenfed.jpg

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.