Did you mean: 

Penfed Credit Inquiry

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed Credit Inquiry

@manyquestions wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you say to call on the phone for every CU application?

For Penfed itdoes not matter.  I think if you call in the csr simply fills out the online application for you.  So I don't think there is any advantage to doing a Pedfed phone application.  For Alliant I would definetly use the phone because so many posters have reported that they experience glitches when applying online with Alliant.  Sometimes Alliant web page will say they can not offer you membership, so you don't get any preapproval offers, then the membership shows up in your mailbox a week later.  So now you are a member but you didn't get any preapprovals and so anything you apply for will result in a new hard pull for each thing you apply for.  So I would apply on the phone for Alliant, but I would apply online for Penfed.  

Don't know about Alliant.

All PenFed app's are automated. It doesn't make any diiference how you go about starting the process. You're actually supposed to do it through the computer.by yourself. The CSR's are only a phone call away if you need some help.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting thread concerning Alliant inq process

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=172287&query.id=24148#M172287

Very interesting. I really hope that is rare / uncommon occurance..

By the way, I am curious. If we apply for CU's like PenFed and Alliant, and are offered pre-approvals like a pre-approved credit card etc.

How long do we have to accept it? Does the pre-approval expire quickly?

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you say to call on the phone for every CU application?

For Penfed itdoes not matter.  I think if you call in the csr simply fills out the online application for you.  So I don't think there is any advantage to doing a Pedfed phone application.  For Alliant I would definetly use the phone because so many posters have reported that they experience glitches when applying online with Alliant.  Sometimes Alliant web page will say they can not offer you membership, so you don't get any preapproval offers, then the membership shows up in your mailbox a week later.  So now you are a member but you didn't get any preapprovals and so anything you apply for will result in a new hard pull for each thing you apply for.  So I would apply on the phone for Alliant, but I would apply online for Penfed.  

Alliant doesn't allow phone applications, the only choice is Online or Mail?....

Message Edited by connect4 on 10-27-2009 02:41 PM
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.