Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed... Docs for verification..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed... Docs for verification..

I applied last week and was approved for the cash rewards card. It was a spur of the moment thing, but after I was approved, I got application remorse. Fast forward to today, I received the card and called to activate the card.. Csr told me I needed to send in DL, SS card, and utility bill for verification.. I have no problem and totally understand they need to verify who I am...
But what would happen if I don't send the verification docs in..??? Would the account still show up, or would they report the credit trade closed due to verification issue on my credit reports?
I'm going to email the docs tomorrow morning, I'm just curious what would happen if I didn't send the docs...
14 REPLIES 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed... Docs for verification..

The account may be closed if you don't send the documents and it would more than likely report as closed by lender, it would not go into details about documents. Regardless I'm sure the account will report one way or the other. Additionally PenFed is great, no need to feel application remorse, congrats on your approval.
Message 2 of 15
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

A piece of advice for PenFed is Run...as fast as you can.

Worst customer service ever, and did the same with me...sorry but no credit card

is worth giving you my personal information.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

But you expect them to give you unsecured money in credit? Sorry......that seems odd to me. 

A lot of posters here can vouch for Penfed. No reasons to run. 

Message 4 of 15
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

"sorry but no credit card
is worth giving you my personal information."

You fill out the app with your personal information? They're giving unsecured credit sounds fair to me Smiley Surprised
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed... application remorse?

itsjohn229 wrote:
I applied last week and was approved for the cash rewards card. It was a spur of the moment thing, but after I was approved, I got application remorse. Fast forward to today, I received the card and called to activate the card.. Csr told me I needed to send in DL, SS card, and utility bill for verification.. I have no problem and totally understand they need to verify who I am...
But what would happen if I don't send the verification docs in..??? Would the account still show up, or would they report the credit trade closed due to verification issue on my credit reports?
I'm going to email the docs tomorrow morning, I'm just curious what would happen if I didn't send the docs...

Personal Responsibility & the Consequences of our Actions.

* I guess I am confused?

Why would you apply for a credit card, get Approved, the have feelings of remorse?

Help me out here please,

1) Why in the first place did  you apply?

2) Why Pen Fed?

You seem like a normal and well adjusted mature adult, so are there impulse control issues we are not aware of? 

Or simply just Peer Pressure issues?

Message 6 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

@atst2000 wrote:

Worst customer service ever, and did the same with me...sorry but no credit card

Ummm, you already provided them your personal information in your application.  Name, SS#, address, etc.  Any documentation would be to verify that the information provided in the application is legitimate and that you're a real person.

My experiences with PenFed have been positive, and they offer some really nice card & loan products.  Of course, everyone's experience may be different and worth sharing.

Message 7 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@atst2000 wrote:

How does that really make you feel?

CS varies from day to day depending on how that person feels at the moment you chime into their earphones and start yapping at them.

Like others said you already gave them the same info on the app and hitting submit.  They're just verifying the info but, should have done this before approving the app.

PF can be an acquired taste to even start with though.  I opened an account and waited for pre-approvals to show up for a couple of years and then was cleaning up some useless accounts and they got cut.  Ease of opening an account is A+, moving funds around A+, APY/APR marginal.  

What do you consider to be optimal customer service that you didn't get?

ETA:

Ok, now I know what your issue is..... You seem to think that a BK DC qualifies you for the world when it comes to limits because you got your car loan so easily and then got smacked back into reality with a $300 Cap1 card and a $500 CLI.  Then you wen tot PF and apped for a card knowing you had some bad luck with Cap1 and got denied again and that wasn't enough to deter you from making the mistake yet again and apply for a different PF card soon after..... Yeah, I can see why PF has bad CS in your mind due to the rejections.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/PenFed-what-a-joke/m-p/4867411

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Help/m-p/4850474

Message 8 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

owl2.jpg

We need to make sure to keep things FSR and try to stick to the OP's original topic.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Related to OP, no problems with having to verify but i just want to add i do not agree with any creditor spproving someone and THEN either wanting to verify or take it back or close after approving. I just think they should do their due diligence when approving apps. We see too many times someone get approved only to be closed like a month later, uhh hem ,Comenity etc. I would prefer to wait til they finish reviewing my app in its entirity then decide. I know things slip through cracks, just my 2 cents on the issue.LolSmiley Happy

Op, congrats on your card, i understand sometimes we might app too soon then feel guilty about doing it in the moment, happens to me sometimes like id wish id just waited til my profile was a little better but once you get the card, usually goes awaySmiley Happy Overall, i have been happy with my limited experience with Penfed, do i wish i had a better sl for cl sure but i also understand my profile needs improvement so one day ill get thereSmiley Happy. Cant complain on them giving a newb a cc and a personal loan with no poi or previous history with them eitherSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.