tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed FICO Score Update

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah mine was 811 on 5/31

2 'factors' affecting my score are  'too few retail accounts' and 'age of accounts too new'.

Retail accounts = store cards?

Also... I see zero new offers anywhere.... where would they be if I had any?

On the right side of page under Transfers. How long have you had credit with Penfed? 

only since early May this year - maybe not long enough to receive offers?

Definitely not. Takes two or three quarters. Sometimes longer. 

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah mine was 811 on 5/31

2 'factors' affecting my score are  'too few retail accounts' and 'age of accounts too new'.

Retail accounts = store cards?

Also... I see zero new offers anywhere.... where would they be if I had any?

On the right side of page under Transfers. How long have you had credit with Penfed? 

only since early May this year - maybe not long enough to receive offers?

Definitely not. Takes two or three quarters. Sometimes longer. 

haha ok thanks for clarifying, now i don't think they hate me

Message 22 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well, i finally got to see my fico from Penfed, not great but id imagine in a year when my bk falls off my eq it should be much better! Plus ill have another year of history so that should be coolSmiley Happy. Wonder if during that year if ill see any offers in the offer area that arent the standard ones there now? Should be interesting!Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 29
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

The FICO Score showing for me is as of 5/31/2016.  So that must be their current score, because the new button has a little red flag in the upper left corner which said it is new.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 24 of 29
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:

My score states it is from 5/31.....I swear I hate PenFed. Everything is outdated all the time and there is never any structure to updates. I hate this credit union so bad.

Then they want to deny recent apps for old credit report information. The same information that approved you for the current products you have. Unbelievable!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 25 of 29
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Only joined Penfed at the beginning of the month....where would one find this Fico score link?

☮ & ❤
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PrimeRate wrote:

Only joined Penfed at the beginning of the month....where would one find this Fico score link?

It's a banner advertisement at the top.  You have to be the primary account holder on a credit product or checking account with them to see it.  I'm not sure exactly which accounts work. Mine did not until I added the Thrifty Credit Service, then it still took a couple months to show up.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Primerate, they do a quarterly SP (5/31) on EQ, then they post the ng2 score at the beginning of the quarter (7/1). However, for whatever reason, they were late this cycle and didn't post the scores until today.

Since you just joined, you'll have to wait until the next cycle (8/31 pull, 10/1 website update). Can't remember if you need a credit or loan product though.
Message 28 of 29
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys! Appreciate the info. Guess I'll see in October. 

☮ & ❤
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.